Elective residence visa- last minute question

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the last-minute question, but am getting ready to go this coming week to Chicago for our appointment to apply for an elective residence visa. We just returned from Italy with a rental agreement and are almost done completing our packet to present to the staff at the consulate.

I thought I understood that proof of return to US ( or home country). was necessary to present, and that some people had met this requirement by presenting a pre-paid return airline ticket for their return. But for some reason, I am having trouble finding those conversations on the forum right now, and am not sure I read this correctly.

I just want to make sure I better understand this issue before I purchase an expensive ticket I may not need to show this week.

Could someone provide some insight to me, and refresh my understanding on this issue? I would greatly appreciate it, and apologize that I am asking this again.....

Vickie

I just saw this post. Italian law changes all the time. When we first applied for our dual citizenship (11/2015) if we went the route you are going, the answer is YES. You had to show an apartment rental for one year and a round trip ticket. If you go on several of the Italian websites, you should find this definite information there. Very confusing though. Good luck. Let me know how you made out!!!!

We are still waiting for our Italian passports. You can find more information on our blog ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please register your blog in the blogs directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks very much for your response

We just got back from our visa interview in Chicag. After all that worrying, they told us they did not expect us to have a return flight to get the visa. But I am sure I saw that somewhere.....

Anyway , it is good to say that he liked all our information, and it's presentation. He implied there should be no problem but also reminded us Thant he is not the one to do the actual final review😙

He also specifically asked us for the rental agreement registration, which we had gotten right before we left for the appointment so , luckily, had that. Got our fingers crossed as our flight reservations are for the 27 March.

Thanks again
Vickie