Banking nightmare in Denmark

I have arrived here some weeks ago and have been sent thru the bureaucracy mills of Borgerservice , Integration center and International House until I  finally  received my administrative CPR number - could not find a job yet. it is difficult without any help of the Danish administration but then I decided to apply for withdrawel of my German pension fund - enough to live for quite a time.

But: it is not possible for me to open a bank account in Denmark. They seem to have the most restrictions in the world to open a basic bank account although I am German citizen and they HAVE to open basic bank accounts for us EU citizens according to EU laws. I showed all bank clerks and Danish bureaucrats my papers from the pension funds. They do not accept my temporary  adress, they do not accept my administrative CPR, this and that until finally the International House had a solution: "Use your German bank acount! "  Thank you Sir for that brillant idea , it is not possible but I know what that means: "Get out of the country please, but you are welcome.  Maybe you are a terrorist and money launderer because I saw that in a movie."

And  thank all the nice Danish helpers everywhere I went  for the hidden and open allegations about "money laudering" and "Terror financing" when a 56 year old German is trying to withdraw money from Deutsche Rentenversicherung and has his papers on board with him. That was great and many times repeated .  Can't get enough of that . Who told you that?  The new cleaner boy in the Police station on his first day who is following my thru Copenhagen since I arrived? Sorry I am not interested . I have never ever in my life and around the world heard and experienced anything like this before.

So if anybody has an idea to get a residents documents and a job contract for those fine gentlemen in offices and Danish banks, I would highly appreciate that before I run out of money.  Or I have toleave to a country that is legit so to say and not violating EU laws.

Ron

Hi Ron

My best bid is that the real problem is that you only have a temporary address. Are you living in a hostel, hotel or similar housing? A rented room will do for the purpose if the landlord will allow you do register at his address. (Some times landlords won't do it because they don't want to let the tax authority know about their income even though there is a lower limit which is quite favorable). As soon as you have a 'real address', you'll be entitled to register and get your CPR number.

Everybody should be entitled to a basic bank account (not a credit account). If the local filial won't open a bank account for you, I would make a complaint to the central service department of the bank.

/Nellie

Thank you, that is a straightforward answer a least but a very costly procedure , they offered me a room with a bed for more than 6200 Krones and that was more than basic and the cheapest I found but also no registration.
A lot of passive-aggressive behaviour towards migrants and expats here in Demark from MANY sides, no straight talks, never expected that. I mean they are in the EU right but behave like Monaco. At least they pay a bit into recently  , a bit I say and why stick to EU regulations then, right.  Maybe they should make a Dexit and be the friendly nation again they once were.

Under all circumstances, you'll need to find a permanent address (for a short or long time) to register. It shouldn't be more costly that living in a temporary housing, on the contrary. 6,200 kroner is quite a lot, even for downtown Copenhagen which is the most expensive place of all places.

Where have you looked?
https://www.boligportal.dk/kobenhavn_vaerelser.htmlhttps://www.akutbolig.dk/type/vaerelsehttps://www.guloggratis.dk/ejendomme/vaerelser/https://www.boligdeal.dkhttps://www.dba.dk/boliger/lejebolig/va … -og-omegn/

Most rooms are rented on normal market terms, e.g. you can register at the address without any problems. If a landlord won't let you register, I would never move in as I wouldn't regard him trustworthy in any respect.

https://uniavisen.dk/en/how-to-avoid-fa … ing-scams/
If you find a room, look up the owner on krak.dk or https://boligejer.dk
It's a market where you have to be careful not to be cheated, especially when the ad is written in English and not Danish. You are always welcome to ask the forum for specific advice.

You are looking for a job. I don't know your profession, but it might be easier to find a job in another part of the country.

Thanks a lot Nellie, these are informations I never received from official sources here or even from volunteer organizations. I can see that the jobmarket in Copenhagne  is kind og´f dry because there are young guys here without a lot of hope.  They never talk straight here, the Danes,sorry to say that. They circle people around for weeks sometimes. I got the offer from Copenhagen commune, was sent there by integration centre. Before they had thses shelter fölats and rooms,now they rent them for a hell of a money in Pensions

In general, speaking Danish is (nearly) a must with a few exceptions. That means you'll have a handicap compared to a native Dane when it comes to land a job. Neither is your age a plus, especially if you search for work outside your profession.

I don't know why you have come to Denmark, and why you chose Copenhagen? Have you thought of other places in Denmark?

Danes aren't so movable as many other people why there might be jobs in the province which cannot be filled as people crowd in Copenhagen. It is laso easier to find a housing at a reasonable price.

I see that you are self-employed. Maybe, the southern part of Jutland was a better idea to settle down as many people here speak German and apartments much cheaper.

Brilliant Nelli, don't work for Borgerservice or International House, they will evict you because you pass forward solid info. That is not cool in this counry

Sorry I lost my temper but I was circled around for weeks now, hat to wait ten days for administrative CPR without reasons, then they do not put in the temp. adress but some bs, then they send me to homeless departement where the tell me that they do not have anything for homeless people but expensive shitty rooms for 1000 Euro a month, then they sent me to Jobspeed that is only for Danes and not for migrants, then at International House they did nothing first telling me I am on my own, no conversation at all, then they tell me next meeting I should use a German bank account and stumble around about money laundering.

I mean sorry, why dont they tell first, then I do not have to do it, I lost weeks in wrong expectations, also  many others,

To me it feels like Donald Trump and US cowboys are sitting there but pretending to be a EU country where we HAVE rights as EU citizens 
Ok, if they were poor as Romania or halfway as Croatia, nevermind, but Denmark  is rich as hell, complains about bullshit all the time, does not pay really in the EU and treats migrants , except you are a young man and work for 12 Euro on a roof as we we are parasites.  Without a right to a bank account agaunst EU laws, so we can not settle our life at all but are all the time in a loop.

Wonder what happens if we would apply for social wellfare, because we have the right to do so - will we be shipped to Gunatanamo?

Shame