Health care in Hoi An

Hello everyone,

One among the various issue that many expatriates usually raise is Health Care. So, I think it would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about Health.

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Hoi An?

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Hoi An will also be useful.

Do not hesitate, to add more related items to the list.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

I am looking for faithful insurance company in Vietnam too, will share the information as soon as I find one

I don't live in Hoi An but I come from Danang city that it's 40km far from Hoi AN.
If you need information about health care, I think you should go to Danang because this is one of the 3 biggest cities in Vietnam and there are many big hospitals, international clinics and even faithful insurance company in this city. When you be there, if you have any problem, you can call 1080 and they will help you very much.

Hoi An is too small for major services. Everyone looks to Da Nang.

Doctors

Family Medical Practice VietNam AM, B+, JCB, MC, VS
< www.vietnammedicalpractice.com/ >
50-52 Nguyen Van Linh Street
Nam Duong Ward
Hai Chau District
Da Nang
Tel: +84 511 3582 699
Fax: + 84 511 3583 049
Email: [email protected]
Consultation fees: $59-89

Dr.Ross C. Bernays, General Practice, M.D.
Dr.Jocelyn P, Nava, General Practice, M.D.

Binh Dan General Hospital
< www.binhdanhospital.vn >
376 Tran Cao Van Street
Da Nang City
Tel:+84-(0)-371-4030
E-mail: [email protected]

Binh Dan General Hospital founded on 1996 February 14. It has 100 beds, modern equipments, 130 staff who have many experiences and professional skills.

Functions: Examination and general treatment; treatment of goiter and Basedow by "immediate surgery" method; examinations and periodic health following; examination and treatment patient with health insurance; diagnose and treat patients at home; examination and treatment of foreigns, emergency sports injuries at the scene; free health consultations.

Hi there,

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Hoi An?

You do not want to consider using the public hospital in Hoi An.  Pacific Hospital is the private hospital in Hoi An.  Many expats though, use Family Medical Practice in Da Nang.

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?

There is a decent dentist in Da Nang and there is a dental clinic at Pacific Hospital in Hoi An.  Costs are about a tenth of what dentists in Oz charge.

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!

Ah nuh.  Public eye hospital in Da Nang but nothing private as far as I know.

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Hoi An will also be useful.

The best is Huy Hoang Pharmacy in Ly Thuong Kiet St, near the corner with Nguyen Truong To St (across the road from the big pink church).  They have a smaller pharmacy near the public hospital.