Elhovo - Melnitsa

Hi, anyone from these areas? What is life like in the Yambol area particularly Melnitsa and Elhovo.  I hear there is an Expat community in Elhovo.  Any info much appreciated

Hi,
I am also interested in more information.
I picked an old house in the area and want to visit it in February.
Any extra information beforehand would be a great help...

Hi, we bought a house 10 years ago in Hanovo (a village between Elhovo and Yambol) and have been upgrading over the years, we retired early in May last year. Elhovo has a good English community I am told as does a lot of villages around, there is a Yambol meet and greet group who give a lot of information if needed and have a get together every couple months. There is a car boot sale 1st Sunday of the month in Dobrich (near Elhovo). Yambol is a beautiful place to visit with plenty coffee shops although I am told the best shops are in Sliven which is approx. 30 mins drive away, we love the slow pace of life here although it is very quiet at times especially the winter months when everyone seems to hibernate.

Hi Shirley,
thank you very much for your input.
So I will do step by step to get closer to the "slow pace of life"...

@Shirley51 Hi Shirley, Id like to pick your brains if I can. I'm currently living in France and potentially looking to locate to Bulgaria, purely because of the cost of living. I live alone, apart from all the animals, so safety is a concern. There are a couple of houses that have caught my eye, one is in Pravdino, which on Google Earth looks quite widespread, but apparently only has 64 residents, which might indicate a dying village.

The other one is Chelnik, which seems to have more facilities.

My problem is that I have lots of dogs, who can be noisy when they're playing, so ideally I need to be a liitle further away from neighbours, than seems to be the norm here. In France I'm in a little hamlet of 4 houses and my nearest neighbour is 100 yards away, so that works pretty well. I'm retired, so at some point I'll need access to healthcare, which means that too far off the beaten track is not really an option either. I apologise for rambling, basically I'm asking if you know anything about either of those villages.

Cheers. Elaine