Business visa on arrival

If my company here gives me a letter for a work visa can i just arrive at the airport with that letter , pay 25 usd and get a visa on arrival ? Is it that simple or do i need to do something else ?

You still have to get immigration to approve it, not your company.

For all kinds of VoA (tourist/business), you need to get a Letter of Approval from the Immigration dept.
Get in touch with any of those visa/travel agents. Tell them you already have a letter of invitation.
They will arrange your Letter of Approval (for B-visa on arrival) in 2/3 days.

At the airport, they will ask for that Letter of Approval NOT the letter from your company.

Twolibrans wrote:

If my company here gives me a letter for a work visa can i just arrive at the airport with that letter , pay 25 usd and get a visa on arrival ? Is it that simple or do i need to do something else ?

You can ask your company to get done this Immigration approval letter too, that's is part of there job.

How much is this letter of approval and the visa ? It may work out more expensive than wortb it and get stuck in  ietnam over tet  ...nooooooo

Can one enter vietnam on a free 2 week no visa as stated on uk gov . websitete , then apply for a temporary residence card without having to leave the country again .? I have the necessary documents for TRC .

Just get your company to arrange a visa and go from there.

No, you wont get a TRC unless  you are Viet Kieu,married or have a work permit

Thank you . I have a TRC and a work permit but they are running out soon . Can i leave the cou try and return on the free15 day pass as a uk citizen then when back renew  my TRC . Difficult to get any reliable information at all in this damn country . Thanks