Cost of living in Congo

Dear all,
I would like to relocate in Congo. Please help me out in understanding the cost of living and other aspects of daily life in Congo.

Hi and welcome on the forum sanjayushuma :)

I hope other members on the forum will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Armand

hello sanjayushuma,

Have you hot any info? im planning to move to point noire...

Congo is not that expensive to live in. You should go there with for 1 or 2 weeks first. French and lingala are the most common languages. Kinshasa or Lubumbashi are very nice city. First go into some hotels and after get a place. You can find houses for $50 a month.  good luck

cost of living in congo is high but it depends where u plan to settle. the capital is costly i mean kinshasa. north congo is relatively more cheaper cos of the resources available.
settling in congo means u have a buissness bent of mind
do go ahead

i stayed in kinshasa renting a house for 1200 dollars a month, in kisangani for 450 dollars a month and in goma for 580 dollars. in villages i rented a room for 100 dollars a month.
50 dollars wud be nothing incl just a room and maybe a loo. no security and nothing -- elcetricity is separate and water too

rehaan

hello Rehaan,

Do you have some information regarding  Pointe Noire?

Thx

Diego

yes the cost a very high if they know that the person who wants to rent the house has got a lot of money or if the person comes from a foreign country!!! Even my I will have to pay that many!! But you need to have some good tricks to find something cheaper. Just get yourself one of them street boys, pay them well and there will make all the deals for you. Trust me that works!! ;)