Planning to open a coffee shop (need a local guide)

Hello everyone,

I'm Saood from Saudi Arabia, I love Georgia.
I'm planning to open a coffee shop in Tbilisi or Batumi (wherever is better) with a capital around 30k $ (can be more)

My question is:

1- is it a good idea? Profitable? For a small investment
2- will 30k $ be enough to start the project? Small corner coffee shop with nice decorations and reasonable quality products ? How much would it need?
3- best locations? On shop rent price around 1k$?
4- staff salaries? How much?

If I find someone local who can help me to find out the information regarding above issues, I will be very happy
I'm coming to Tbilisi on 21NOV
I hope to find a young passionate, smart and honest person who can be my business partner

Saood

Best to go over for a visit and check things out.

Saood im from saudi arabia jeddah nd planing to do same رقمي سفر خمسه خمسه ثمانيه سبعه اربععه ثمانيه سبعه تسعه ثمانيه يريت تتواصل معي

@bilal57

Post in English please as this is an Anglophone forum.  :)

Hi, we have a hostel here and could help you. We knows Russian and English, our friend is one of the best realter.

saood I am mohamad from jordan ,I have the same idea to do in tblisi too , if u r intersted we can talk , I can speak english and russian too

Hi All

I can cook good Indian food and would like to start a hooka  tea and coffeehouses  in tibilisi 
Can supply food to student or Indian families
Please guide if I am on a good start

Cafe is really good idea!

hi saood.im also asking how business willl do well here in tbilisi.im from uae and wanted to put up a vegan/superfood cafe.did you already started the business?

Hello, I'm Rashid fadi from South Lebanon and I was looking forward to start a restaurant in Tbilisi and was looking for a partner, can we become friends and hopefully becomes partners and do the things we love?

not the best timing for investing money in a business like that .

Hello Saood. Yes I think that 30.000 $ should be enough to get you started. The rents here where to high before the corona situation and I hope that they will be on a more sustainable level once the situation normalizes. Bust since you already suggested a 1000 $ a month, I think that should be feasible.At the moment the situation is still unclear as Georgia has isolated itself since March from the outside world and we don't know how quick things will start to pick up again. Of course you should be clear where you want to be in Tbilisi. the old city and tourist ht spot(Sololaki) or the more affluent Saburtalo or Vake districts. Since I assume you have already spent some time here you probably already know where. You will definitely need a reliable person to help you with your enterprise here which could prove the more challenging part. I have been living here for some years and all though I am not interested in any joint business ventures in the restaurant or coffee shop business I am quite willing to give you advice if needed. Maybe I don't have the answers, but I probably know the people that do.

Sorry, forgot to add. Batumi has a very short season, and any business there will have to make enough money in a couple of months to sustain them the whole year which is not really feasable. I think that Tbilisi is still the better bet. At least to get started. Who knows how the future will look like.