Am I eligible for the 30% ruling after working for a year in NL?

Can I eligable 30% rulling after 1 year working in Netherlands?

One of a company in Netherlands will hire me for 12 months.
Although I am eligable to 30% ruling now (32 years old engineer), my contract doesn't let me to use this benefit. Although I will be a highly skilled migrant, I can not use this benefit for first year.

The recruiter company said that I can have the 30% rulling for 8 years. The first important is to be eligable from the first day I come to the NL. they said me, if I find a suitable job after 1 year, then I can have the 30% rulling benefit.

Is it possible? Anyone who can inform me? Can I eligable 30% rulling after 1 year working in Netherlands?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is no guarantee because the 30% ruling has to be agreed between both the employer and employee; the fact that you were previously entitled to 30%, does not necessarily mean it would roll over to your new job if your new employer did not agree.

Dear Cynic,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I unterstand that there is no guarantee but I can have. This is good news for me. Thanks again.

One other point I should make clear; you can't just take your 30% status and take it to any job; the job itself has to meet the same standard as when originally granted, i.e.:

1.  the employee works for an employer that is registered with the Dutch tax office and pays payroll tax;
2.  employer and employee have to agree in writing that the 30 percent ruling is applicable;
3.  the employee has to be transferred from abroad or has to be recruited abroad;
4.  the employee did not reside within 150km from the Dutch border for the last 18 out of 24 months at the time of hiring;
5.  the employee's salary is at least EUR 37,000 per annum.
6.  The employee needs to have expertise that is scarcely available in the Netherlands.

Cynic, I have an additional question for you.
Regarding to above mentioned item-4
"the employee did not reside within 150km from the Dutch border for the last 18 out of 24 months at the time of hiring"
is it a problem for me? because at the end of my contract (1 year contract) I will be in Netherlands for 1 year. I have never been in NL before and I will start to live with this contract. At the end of one year, I just want to use this benefit for other job contracts.

You can transfer jobs within 3-months of your previous contract expiring and still maintain your 30% status; but as I said, it must be to another qualifying job.  You can't use the allowance to change to self-employed status.

There is a lot of muttering going on within Holland regarding this as the consensus of opinion is that the Dutch don't gain very much from granting this benefit; it was a manifesto commitment of all the parties but 1 at the recent election to either reduce, or cancel it altogether; so it could be withdrawn at some stage in the future.