Paying bills in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in the United Arab Emirates?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in the United Arab Emirates? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Yes there are different deadlines for the payment but here its really easy to pay your bills either its for electricity/bank/mobile most the things you can pay online.

Its your choice if  some person  gave you account nbr for online then you can payment online .other wise you have to payment by cash or throw check its depend on you.

Hi Priscilla,

If you rent a flat or Villa in UAE (All Emirates) then you have to pay Water bill, Electricity Bill, Gas Bill & Internet Bill and all bills are not included in rent as water meter, electricity meter, gas meter and internet connection on your name but if you will live in sharing flat then offcourse you don't need to pay any bills because already bill comes under flat owner name and he is paying the utilities.

For paying the bills in UAE there are lot of options for example you can pay online from their sites or you can pay trough your online banking or you can pay through kiosk machines easy available all supermarkets in UAE or either you can directly visit the branch and pay to the teller.

all bills deadlines generally 10-15 days if not then services will be suspended until you not clear your dues.

Thanks,

Bills are generally monthly and the phoen co. harasses you with garbage emails and text messages about your impending payment.  If you don't pay your bills on time they will cut the service.

I use DubaiNow App to pay utilities, telecom, salik, nol card and traffic fines. Its simple and easy.

There are many options when it comes to paying the bills. The online banking has major role where utility bills like electricity, phone, salik (toll gate) recharge, speeding fines, internet etc can be paid. Other than these money exchange units serve as mediator for paying these bills.  The kiosks for paying bills are in every mall or even hyper market entrance where it can be paid using touch screen system.

Easiest way is online banking, you can also pay through money exchange like al ansari. There are also some machine inside malls for DEWA, etisalat or DU bill payment.

Of course there are deadlines depending on due date.

Electricity and Water (together). Can be paid online & various channels.
Sewerage (in some UAE states, like Ajman). Can be paid in KIOSK.
Gas. Mostly paid to private gas providers in their office or in some states it includes in electricity and water bill.
In some areas Chillers bill is separate than electricity bill. Can be paid online & various channels.

Electricity and water come together in one bill. In Al Ain this is through Al Ain Distribution Company (AADC).  They now send the  monthly statement directly to me by email.  My mobile and Internet are paid through Etisalat  who also send statements directly to me. (You have to register and set this up).

At the moment I have set up automatic payments through my credit card so I don't have to worry about missing the payment date.

Hope this answers your question.

Hi Priscella,

Water/electricity bills are not included in the rent. Rent can be paid in 4, 3, 2 or 1 cheque.

If you have online banking you can enroll it your Etisalat/dewa ...and others then all you need to is to debit or use your credit card.

all online payment requires credit card or debit card.