Paying bills in Barbados

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Barbados?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Barbados? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Barbados?

For long term rentals water may be included, and the renter would pay electricity, gas, and ISP with channels and phone. For holiday or short term everything may be included.

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

All the major banks offer online payment. You can pay utility bills at the utility customer service offices, post office, and all bills at any Surepay outlet. Tax bills can be paid at Barbados Revenue Authority outlets, or the online government website.

With what frequency are different bills sent in Barbados? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Bills are usually sent at different times. Some are due at end, and some due at beginning or middle of month.

I pay mine once a month via Surepay, they have a desk at the Big B suoermarket where I do my shopping.

Bunch of bills, single cheque or cash - pay them they pay the phone, electric etc. no fee from me - simple.

Surepay have booths all over the island.