Life in Sa Pa

Hello all,

I recently got a job offer to work in a restaurant kitchen in the tourist hub of Sa Pa. I'm curious if there's anyone in the expat community who lives/works there or did so in the past? What's life like there? Much to do during your time off? Anything that could make a decision to move there (or not, as the case may be) a bit easier is hugely appreciated.

Fire at will,

FH

I'm not an expat so I can't give you the experience like u expected. I can say that: there is not much to do during time off.

Travelling in Sapa is OK in general, but working in Sapa may make u feel bored sometime when u have a day off. I have a friend who move to Sapa for business ( she opens a mini hotel), after two years living in Sapa ( with husband and their daughter), she still miss Hanoi: food, friends, coffee,...

Sapa is just like another resort area, mainly catering to tourism traffic all year round. Since it is cool, weather wise, tourists may be there continually and if your work place is a popular one, work could be brisk. You will be isolated as other than drinking, no action except touring the hills and aborigines villages. You may find plenty of time to do some online studies or do your own thing. Hang out in Hanoi, or visit Halong..