What to expect when moving to Cyprus

Hello everyone,

Is there anything you wish you had known before moving to Cyprus? For example, transportation, internet speeds, types of housing, aspects of the culture or social life.

In your opinion, what's the most important thing to know about Cyprus?

When would you recommend someone should begin planning their move to Cyprus?

What were the most helpful ways you found to get organised? For example, did you use a checklist, were there any particularly useful websites or apps?

What advice would you give to future expats preparing to move to Cyprus?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

In my experiences so far based on two moves  - feet on the ground is the most important while planning your move. Contact with someone who knows what the score is with various aspects of life here.. and hopefully that same contact will be willing and able to find out for you the things they dont already know..... Insider knowledge is the most valuable commodity

Hi we are moving to paphos area in 3 weeks hired a holiday let for 2 weeks so we need to sort out apartment quick  then look for a job I am a chef  hopefully I can find a job quickly looking on internet for jobs what's the best way ? Is their a job centre in paphos
Kind regards dave

Yes the employment office in Paphos is across from the electric board (a big black glass building)  and just down the road from the the traffic lights just at the top of butcher boy road

You will need your ID card / ARC(Alien Registration Certificate) or passport
plus a letter from your last employer stating why he let you go - am not sure thats relevant if you've moved here for work   - best to be prepared though

Thankyou for all your help :)