PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

Greetings one and all. I married my Vietnamese wife in the UK on 2nd June 2017. Our UK Fiance and Spouse Visas were approved BIG ADMIN PROJECTS.

The Vietnamese Embassy in London has agreed to issue my wife (MY) and I a Vietnamese marriage certificate and 5 year visa for me.

My and I are planning to retire in Vietñam. Given my circumstances does anyone know if or how I can get a Permanent Resident Card? I sincerely appreciate any feedback and advice.

Kind Regards
Gary

Hi Gary,
The permanaent residence is very difficult to get.   Not many get it.
If you read some info on it, it's mainly available to those that make significant contributions to Vietnams development and society.

If you build a bridge or hospital 😧😧 you could be in with a shot.

It only ever comes back to money.      Just read some forum threads on the VECs, TRCs ....etc . The married blokes here will know the drill.

They'll soon respond hopefully.   

Failing that,  Yogi can sell you a bridge or rail network.   They'll probably name it after you. 😆

Here's a true story.  There's a guy here that helped a local village build 2klm of road damaged in the storms.  A few truckloads of gravel and rocks done the trick.   They told him they'd rename the road after him, which they did.      They nailed an old fence paling to a tree and scribbled his name on it.  😀

Thank you Yogi A PRC doesn't sound promising. I thought I needed The PRC to retire in Vietnam. Sounds like I need to do some additionl HOW TO RETIRE IN VIETNAM home work.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Best Regards
Gary

Being married to a Ietnamese, you can live long term in VN on either a family visit visa or a business visa. I was there for thirteen years on family visit visas, while an unmarried New Zealand friend has been there almost as long on business visas.

i did also some research. you can try for a 10 year TRC/PRC (terms are different of some pages )  it seems u need to buy a house in VN under your/your NV spouse's name . I didnt go to any agent to get this info i and my wife went directly to the Office and they said u will need a kind of paper and then u might have a shot Please take a look but that too is valid for 10 years.

Please visit Vietnam immigration website. It will give all the info you need in English and in viet ( more info) and the appropriate forms for the PR Vietnam. In your case your and your wife must live in Việt Nam for a certain number of years and your wife must sponsor you and must have property.
I am an Australian living in Hanoi, I got it last year valid for 10 years or validity of passport.
It is not that easy, but you can get it.
Peter

So a PRC,,"permanent"  residence card is only good for 10 years.

I been here nearly that long already, just on VOAs......floating merrily around SE Asia.

So their idea of permanent is 10 years, or the expiry of your passport......cool😆

Yogi007 wrote:

I been here nearly that long already, just on VOAs......floating merrily around SE Asia.

The green eyed monster has just taken me over, you lucky bar steward.

Thank you very much for the information
Thank you very much for the information
Best Regards
Gary

Hi Gary
As a married bloke , you can get a good deal with the VEC/TRC  system of doing things.
I think you'd look forward to getting away from here occasionally, if that's what's required with whatever you get. 

Hope it works out.

i finally got my vietnam Id and passport. it was a long journey.  don't apply off shore , alot easier to do it while your in vietnam.

birth certificate  -  hukou -- ID - passport.   the whole thing took 2 months.

but i wasted  2.5 year applying for the passport from Australia.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/vietna … -residence

In HCMC make application at Immigration office 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai
Note does requirement number 3 "Are a spouse, child or parent of a Vietnamese citizen residing PERMANENTLY in Vietnam" apply to you?

Tou must submit valid passport with renewal documentaion.
It is incorrect to say PRC only valid for 10 years.
When PRC is issued it has a renewal date on or before your passort wxpiry date.
Therefore if your passport will expire you must renew it.
Renewal of PRC with appropriate documentation, which includes copy of. Alid passport, takes 14 business days.

Sorry I missed one word.  That the PR VISA  is renewable every 10 years.
No restrictions, no work permits, one can do what ever as a local once u have a PR

PRC is renewanle on the date they put on the card.  This is not necessarily 10 years.

Labor/working is a different issue.. if you are working or wish to work you must submit work permit wirh PRC application.

Do not presume you can do anything a local can do. You are still a foreigner but you can travel in and out of Vietnam without a visa.

It os a PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD. Not a PR Visa.

Read the laws so you fully understand. Don't take what people say on these forums as gospel truth. Just like don't believe everything you read on Facebook!  :-)

bizdeals wrote:

i finally got my vietnam Id and passport.

Did you get a Vietnamese passport? Are you Vietnamese born (Viet Kieu)? I looked into it based on being the parent of a Vietnamese citizen ... technically (according to the law) it is possible, but I have had no luck in finding anyone who can actually make it happen or has seen any true foreigner (non-Viet Kieu) get it.

If you know any 'tricks' I'd buy you a beer to hear about them :)

Saigon Visitor wrote:
bizdeals wrote:

i finally got my vietnam Id and passport.

You replied to a 1.5 year old post.  Bizdeal's last participation on the forum was 3 months ago, so you may have a long wait for a response to your query.

Yes ... I saw it was over a year ago .. thought I might get lucky ;)

Saigon Visitor wrote:

Yeah, it's an old thread from 2017.
I know one of my FB friend Kenneth Atkinson got CITIZENSHIP recently with the help of a lawyer.

Am interested to know about 'no Work Permit'
Can you confirm that?  I have been told I need Work Permit even with PRC.
Do you have different experience?
Thanks

Peterwij...   Am interested to know about 'no Work Permit'
Can you confirm that?  I have been told I need Work Permit even with PRC.
Do you have different experience?
Thanks