Intra Company Transfer

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am desparate for advice on moving to south africa. I am a British citizen working for an International company. I have expressed interest in moving internationally (SA) to gain more experience. Unfortunately my prospective boss in Jburg does not know the procedures and costs of doing this.

I have done some research on the internet and have noted that I would need an intra company transfer visa. My questions are :

1. Are there strict quotas on the number of expacts for the transfer visa ?
2. Do they require the services of an immigration consultant or can i just apply from my local(london) embassy with the required documents and pay R1500 fee ?

3. As it is an internal transfer do they have to go through the motions of advertising online ?

Please help :o(

Hi Stee

It is not a requirement to work through an immigration consultancy, however many people find that information from the South African embassies and our Department of Home Affairs are sometimes confusing, incomplete and contradictory.

A new Immigration Law will be passed within the next few weeks, which will create even more confusion.

If, however, you have time and patience, then you would be able to get all the information together eventually.

In response to you other questions:

No, under the current legislation there are no quotas pertaining to Intra Company Transfer Work Permits.

Although I may not provide you the complete list of requirements on this forum but maay provide general information (as I am a consultant at a South African immigration firm), I can tell you that for an Intra Company Transfer no advert is required.

Hope this helps!

If there is anything else, please feel free to send me a message and I will provide you with as much information as possible.

Thank you Joachim !! :)

This helps a lot. I am due to talk to my boss in a week and the information you have given me will go a long way.

I will let you know how it goes

I AM AN INDIAN, PRESENTLY IN INDIA AND APPLYING FOR INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER VISA FOR SOUTH AFRICA.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH SITE BUT STILL SUCH THINGS ARE NOT CLEAR.

..> PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT..

WHAT IS VISA FEES FOR INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER VISA

..> CAN I PAY IT INBY CASH IN EMBASSY OR I HAVE TO PAY ONLY BY CHECK OR DD & IF I HAVE TO PAY BY DD OR CHECK WHAT SHOULD I WRITE "IN FAVOR OF"

KINDLY REPLY SOMEBODY.

It costs ZAR1520. Usually embassies accept only cash.

Hello Vishalkumar -> Can you please lower your caps lock so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Joachim, Please advise if a company needs any registration before applying for ICT in SA Embassy, New Delhi.  If same company is registered in India and in SA, shall we apply for Intra Company Transfer directly.

Hi umakmohan,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Please note that this thread is dated 2011 :D

Feel free to start a new topic on the South African Forum please ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team