Internships or traineeships in Germany

Dear lovely people of the internet,

My name is Robin Gillham and I'm currently finishing up an MA in Russian and Post-Soviet politics. I have considered joining the rat race but I decided recently that this is not for me, I'm still in the prime of my life and I want to see the world.

So, Germany called me and now I'm trying to find a way to answer. I'm looking for traineeships, internships or entry level jobs in Germany. Sadly my German language ability is limited to a few swear words, but I do have a reasonably good level of Russian. Also, I'm a native English speaker (yay for me!)

My work experience: I have worked as an intern for Thomson Reuters in London and at the moment I'm helping my local art gallery with their communications and PR on a voluntary basis. I've also taught English off and on for about 4 years, I have a CELTA and I've taught pretty much everything.

Any insider information would be greatly appreciated :)

thank you kind people of the internet!

While you, as an EU citizen, can freely move to and reside in Germany (at least until Brexit), I am afraid your skills (Russian politics) are a very small niche with few jobs inside.
A lack of German language skills does not make it easier.
Forget about teaching English - without an educational university degree and the ability to talk to students (in German), you probably have no chance here.

beppi wrote:

While you, as an EU citizen, can freely move to and reside in Germany (at least until Brexit), I am afraid your skills (Russian politics) are a very small niche with few jobs inside.
A lack of German language skills does not make it easier.
Forget about teaching English - without an educational university degree and the ability to talk to students (in German), you probably have no chance here.

Actually there are opportunities to teach English being a native speaker and having a MA does count for something. Not having a degree in education, jobs in normal public schools are not allowed. But one can still work at private companies, language schools or even the Volkshochschule (community college). In a pinch, or as a side job, one could also offer privat tutoring.  Of course the better one's German is, the more likely one is to get hired. But many such jobs are poorly paid. Especially in the business sector, I could envision that there might be companies that deal with Russia that might value a native English speaker with good Russian...