Retiring in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in Bahrain? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to Bahrain (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is Bahrain's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in Bahrain?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Dear I am not retired yet, I am fully active and working, yet Bahrain is a good country for someone to retire, Good Government, Law abiding people, Mutual respect, Good health service Etc. are the good side of Bahrain.

Hello my dear

I'm not exactly retired yet I'm still quite young for that
And my family are expats but they gave birth to me here so I do have the passport
And we'll life in Bahrain is like 2 sides of a coin really
You can either choose to have the humble and modest living in a quite part of town
Or you can have the city life with all the crowds and noices
The health care is very good as long as it's not in a government facility as employees there tend to be rude and lazy
But the private hospitals offer a very good service and most are reasonably priced
They're is a lot to do here specially if you make friends you'll have all sorts of events you can be part of
You'll never be bored here
And that's pretty much it