Looking for a job opportunity in Singapore

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for job opportunities in Singapore. I'm working as geomatics engineer for public institution in Turkey. I also have MS degree in geomatics engineering.

I'll have B.Eng. degree  in the field of study Forest Engineering in 2018, June. And I also have MS degree in forest engineering too.

I am going to start a PhD in Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)  on September in Turkey.

I hope to have a good job opportunity in Singapore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi geomatics.eng,

Welcome to Expat.com

Feel free to create a detailled resumé under the Jobs in Singapore section.  Hopefully an opportunity might show up.

Good luck

Chris
Expat.com

Singapore is a huge city on a small island and thus NOT the place for forestry experts.
Maybe GIS can be used in city planning, too? If so, you may contact the Singapore Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).
Also, I don't understand how you can have a M.Sc. degree and start a Ph.D. before getting your B.Sc. in June next year???

@beppi,
Hi and thanks for responding this topic,

Yes, GIS, remote sensing and cadastre is one of the key topics for me. I have already used softwares ArcGIS, ERDAS, ENVI and similars in years.

It means I can apply and I can have a job in a goverment agency ?

I had B.Eng. degree in geomatics engineering in 2007 summer.
I have applied for MS degree in forest engineering with bachelor of geomatics engineering degree.

I have started studing forestry engineering in 2013, but first two semestr I couldn't stay in Turkey. I went to the USA. I have researched at NCSU (North Carolina State University) as visiting scholar.After I have turned back to Turkey. I decided to complete forestry engineering degree too. Next summer, I also will have forestry engineering degree.

Of course you can apply for jobs with government agencies in Singapore. Whether they choose to hire you is a different matter - you must be better than comparable locals.
There may also be jobs at construction or planning companies - but since it's not my industry, I cannot help you further there.