Close

Moving to Germany for work

Hi,

I am working in Singapore and looking to move to Germany. I have 8+ years of experience in IT industry.

Can you please let me know which is the best way.

1. Is there any German consultancy that can help for jobs from here ?
2. Is applying for Job Seeker Visa a good idea? If so, any good consultancy that can help me for this visa ?

Thanks
Arun

This is a question answered many times over. Best if you go through the site and find similar inquires. But a short answer would be that yes, IT is one of the areas where foreigners even from outside of the EU are in demand. Best to do a search at Google say for English language IT jobs in Germany and see what you come up with.

Ideal would be to line up a job before you come but if that doesn't work then getting a job seekers visa is possible. Knowing some German is always a plus. Making a professional appearance and being rather fluent in English would be expected. Sorry to say but lots of people post here saying how difficult it is for them to find a such job despite having experience but their English is often poor and German nonexistent.

Official governmental rules for getting visas are listed on the below site.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Startseite_node.html

Expatriate health insurance in Germany

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Germany

Moving to Germany

Find tips from professionals about moving to Germany

Travel insurance in Germany

Enjoy stress-free travel to Germany