Teaching jobs

I'm a qualified teacher looking for a job. I've just received a job offer but not yet signed the contract. Is the basic salary of 2200 USD per month reasonable for an expat? I have 12 years teaching experience and 14 years education management experience.

Hi Nomzeen and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to go through the topics that have already been launched on the Cost of living in Saudi Arabia forum, you will probably find some interesting pieces of information that will help you to get an idea about your offer.

Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Proposed salary in ksa does not depend only on your experience.it is related to the the colour of your passport.try to ask if some one else got a better offer in your country.good luck

Nomzeen,

Teacher / Lecturer pay depends on the quality of your degree (international ranking of the university you attended), the country where you gained your experience, and whether or not you have a liberal arts degree (Bachelor of Arts - B.A.) or a  science/math degree (Bachelor of Science - B.S.).

Written and spoken English literacy is highly desirable in the Middle East and Abroad. A person who is a native English speaker with your level of experience in academia would earn approximately USD $50,000 at a university. 

A Master of Science degree in either chemistry or physics would earn slightly more: $50,000 - 63,000 USD at a university.  An engineering degree with adult education experience pays significantly more.

Any offer would include an end of contract bonus, housing for your family and a trip to your country once per year.  This also includes 30-45 days holiday depending on the region.  Depending on the level of experience and rank, you might also receive tuition for up to four children.

Best of luck,
Keikosan

Thank you so much for all your responses. In fact the total is 2670 USD made up as follows : Basic 2200. Housing 370. Transportation 100. This is in the job offer which is not yet the contract. Are there any chances that the contract might come with something different?