Close

American buying in BG... immigration questions

Hello... I am considering buying a friends house in Pleven, but being an American i need a little more info..

If i purchase the house will i be able to get a residence visa or some kind to work and live there?

Permanent residence?

And do i have to form a company to buy the house???

Thanks

You can see the reasons for getting a visa/residence permit in article 24 of this document: http://www.investbg.government.bg/files … 140722.pdf

Buying a property is not one of the things, but having a pension or working as a freelancer are...  (this won't allow you to get a job in a bulgarian company, but to work on your own).

As far as I know, non-eu people still have to open a company to buy property with land, but it is a quick and cheap process. (I could be wrong on that... it is just as far as I know)

Yes Kojidae is right. As an American you will have to open a company. Than you will have to pay yourself an income from that company to have an official job and sign a declaration with the notary that you will not live from the Bulgarian social system. With that you go to the immigration office and they will give you a residence card and a Bulgarian ID for foreigners,

I know a trustworthy accountant and a notary that can help you with that if you need.

Expatriate health insurance in Bulgaria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bulgaria

Moving to Bulgaria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bulgaria

Travel insurance in Bulgaria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bulgaria