Filipina moving to Bahrain

Hello! I have an employer already in a spa in Manama, Bahrain. I will be in Bahrain in August. But I'm just curious, do you know how much normally would be the salary of an Aesthetician in Bahrain? Aesthetician is the one who do waxing, facials, and etc. They offer me 168 BD for 4 yrs contract providing accommodation & transportation. Hoping for your response! Thank you.

168 BD per month???

Yes per month. I convert it to php its 22,500 pesos. Is it right? or just low salary as an aesthetician?

I have no idea what the "normal" salary would be for an aesthetician, but that is ridiculously low. Bear in mind that Bahrain is an expensive place to live and even if they provide accommodation (hopefully including utilities) and transportation, you will have an extremely frugal lifestyle on that salary!!

Thank you for answering my question. But for you, is 200 BD enough? or still not?

Please help me guys. Just need an information.

KangMarie wrote:

Thank you for answering my question. But for you, is 200 BD enough? or still not?

Hi KangMarie

Adequacy of salary depends on your life style.
I see that accommodation and transport (most likely to and from work only) is provided. If this is the case, you have to budget for food, communication costs and entertainment. In addition, you will have to consider non-work related transport costs, how much money you will send back home and how much you wish to save.

Make your calculations bearing all of this.

From what I know, the salary they have offered to you is the average that is offered to those practicing your profession. Is it enough? Well, lots of ladies who work in salons survive here on such a pay. Are they comfortable? Probably not. As said above, its going to be a struggle. Your best bet is to speak to those currently here and working in the same profession. They may be able to give  you first hand advise.

One thing that caught my attention is the 4 year contract. Does this mean that your first vacation will be after 4 years? Its a long time to stay here and not visit your family back home. Seek clarification.

Hope my note helps.
All the best.

To add onto what Farhaz said; it's all relative. We pay our live in maid 200 BD plus accommodation, meals, medical and basic supplies. She gets a vacation for a month once a year with tickets paid by us.

What you are getting paid is similar but what you have to figure out is the rest which is not paid by the employer - is that doable?

If I were to guess, it would be a struggle.

Hi Farhaz. Thank you for answering my questions. Well, actually that's why I'm asking what is the ideal salary for those aestheticians there because first, my employer offer me 168 BD per month. I took time to reply coz Im thinking if thats enough, I'm filipino. I don't know if the offer is just too low or just enough there in bahrain. And then, she told me that if I feel a different condition I just let her know. So base on what she said, I can suggest higher basic salary right than what she gave to me? Do you think its possible?

Second, yes my contract is 4 yrs but she said I can go home with my family after 2 yrs.

Another one, I still did not signed the contract because I'm still asking people there in bahrain how much normally the salary of an aesthetician because maybe the offer is too low because I can have much higher salary because I will bring a new service in their salon and spa. The service I'll bring is not common in Bahrain but high demand with the clients. What do you think? In this case? Should I get higher salary than what she offered to me? Besides, I know a lot as an aesthetician.

Hi Xtang. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll ask my employer that questions.. That's a big help.

KangMarie wrote:

Hi Farhaz. Thank you for answering my questions. Well, actually that's why I'm asking what is the ideal salary for those aestheticians there because first, my employer offer me 168 BD per month. I took time to reply coz Im thinking if thats enough, I'm filipino. I don't know if the offer is just too low or just enough there in bahrain.

This is best answered by your compatriots already here and doing the same or similar job. That is why its important to reach out to them and learn from their experience. I know many of them work in this field and are managing.

KangMarie wrote:

And then, she told me that if I feel a different condition I just let her know. So base on what she said, I can suggest higher basic salary right than what she gave to me? Do you think its possible?

It is of course possible. You in fact should discuss everything before hand. If you feel the salary offiered is not adequate, then please do discuss. Much better to do this now than regret once you are here.

KangMarie wrote:

Second, yes my contract is 4 yrs but she said I can go home with my family after 2 yrs.

Make sure this is clearly mentioned in your contract.

KangMarie wrote:

Another one, I still did not signed the contract because I'm still asking people there in bahrain how much normally the salary of an aesthetician because maybe the offer is too low because I can have much higher salary because I will bring a new service in their salon and spa. The service I'll bring is not common in Bahrain but high demand with the clients. What do you think? In this case? Should I get higher salary than what she offered to me? Besides, I know a lot as an aesthetician.

I am certain such services are available in Bahrain already. Maybe the particular salon hiring you does not currently offer this service. Either way, that's not important. What is important is are you being compensated adequately for your work.

All the best. Let us know how it goes.

KangMarie wrote:

The service I'll bring is not common in Bahrain but high demand with the clients. What do you think? In this case?

I don't think, l know you are wrong. My wife has used many different spas here offering exactly the services you will be bringing, so unfortunately you are not unique. Having said that, l still feel that the salary you are being offered is too low and you will not have a comfortable life here, unless you can negotiate it up.

I do agree with the other members said but if I was in your shoes I will try to renegotiate the contract period also as 4 years is a very long time and its unusual as most of the contracts run with a 2 year period. The reason I am emphasizing the period is in case things don't work out at this place you will have to wait 4 years before you could change employer or risking to have to pay a 'break-out'  fee to your employer.

Hello! Yes, I understand. I will negotiate about that with my employer. Thank you!

Getting more than 200 is ok at initial stage

More than 200 BD? Hmm, okay. Thank you!

Wat the job ur doing at phil wen ur joining contact details

Atleast 250bd +commission sis..free accommodation and transport

This is general note to everyone ...

This is an English ONLY forum. Please keep all you comments to English only.

Thank you.

You should be offered at least 500 BHD with transport and accommodation plus two way ticket to home once in a year for a month.

Did you sign the contract already?

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
KoolBahrain wrote:

Did you sign the contract already?

hello! Yes I already signed the contract.

Dr. Syedlmù wrote:

You should be offered at least 500 BHD with transport and accommodation plus two way ticket to home once in a year for a month.

Hello! I think that offer would be way too much, I would be happy for that but its impossible salary. Thank you.

168 is quite normal for the Gulf actually. My  friend at the spa said that 160 is the regular salary with accomadation and transport.
Her friends in The UAE get the equivalent there as well.

PS the labourers who build get around 5 bd a day without contracts