Potentiels nouveaux résidents ... avec beaucoup de questions

Bonjour ! Mon mari a peut être trouvé un poste à Shanghai. NOus sommes emballés mais nous inquiétons pour 2 choses :
- nous avons un chien que nous regretterions de laisser en France
- notre fils aîné a de nombreuses allergies dont alimentaires (oeufs, arachide et moutarde) et le 2è n'aura qu'un an lors de notre départ.
Partir avec un chien est il raisonnable ? Les structures médicales et la nourriture seront-elles "à la hauteur" pour préserver notre enfant ?
Merci de votre aide et de vos commentaires

Bonjour !
Je cherche également une réponse à la question du CHIEN car nous devons partir l'année prochaine pour Shanghai et je ne connais rien aux services vétérinaires ou à l'approvisionnement en nourriture, etc. Nous avons en plus 3 enfants et 2 chats. Nous comptons emmener tous les animaux, si c'est possible... Si vous avez des réponses, merci de me les communiquer ! Cordialement

Vous avez le droit à 1 animal de compagnie par visa Z, 2000 RMB par an de licence, plus des papiers en tout genre. Plus d'infos ici : scaashanghai.org/china_pet_import_procedure.shtml
-- Woods

Bonjour !
J'ai recu cette réponse d'un membre actif de la communauté...
J'espère que vous lisez l'anglais:
Dear Lucia

How are you?

Another volunteer of Jaiya's Animal Rescue (JAR) already translated your last message to me, so now I understand the content of it.

The first thing that you need to consider about your dog and 2 cats in Switzerland is the cost of the pet relocation service (not only coming to China, but also the cost of later on taking the pets back to Switzerland).

I am sorry to say that some foreign people sometimes bring their pets and then they realize that they do not have enough money to take them back ... so some animals are abandoned or given for adoption here in China. The downside of this is that China is not the best place for animals in general (there is lots of animal abandoment, neglect, cruelty, etc).

If you thing that you can bring your pets and then take them back home, I will advice you to always keep an eye on them because in cities like Shanghai people do not eat cats or dogs ... BUT there are "cat catchers" that make money taking cats and then selling them for food in neighbouring provinces (particularly Guangdong). Also some people makes money out of "pet kidnapping" (they steal your pet and then they ask you money for giving you back the pet). Indeed, there are many ruthless people that could do anything for money and this situation is more complicated by the fact that there is no Chinese law to protect animals.

You should keep your cats indoors at all times, and your dog can be in the garden as long as it is certain that nobody can steal it. You also must make sure that your neighbours won't complain about the barking noise ... otherwise your neighbours (specially Chinese neighbours) can be quite annoying about it.

In Shanghai there are many veterinary hospitals and pets stores, so you can always find international products. BUT please bear in mind that there are all kind of hospitals (good and very bad), so we tend to recommend a few hospitals that we know that provide good medical services (such as PetsHome and PAW).

If you send me your e-mail address I can send you more information that JAR has compiled about pet relocation, hospitals, etc.

All the best,

Alejandra
JAR - Jaiya's Animal Rescue
Blog: jarshanghai.wordpress.com
JAR e-mail: [email protected]
"... every animal deserves a safe, secure & loving home ..."

Woods a écrit:

Vous avez le droit à 1 animal de compagnie par visa Z, 2000 RMB par an de licence, plus des papiers en tout genre. Plus d'infos ici : scaashanghai.org/china_pet_import_procedure.shtml
-- Woods

Merci pour ce site super utile !!!
Encore une question: Est-ce que les enfants comptent comme Visa Z ? Parce que nous avons 2 chats ET 1 chien... Si nous comptons que mon mari et moi, nous ne pouvons emmener que 2 animaux alors que nous en avons 3. Par contre, nous avons 3 enfants qui pourraient compter comme propriétaires d'animaux ???
Merci. Lucia