Recognition of foreign qualifications in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Bahrain? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Bahrain or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

My Indian qualifications were accepted.

Generally, foreign professional qualifications are accepted by employers in Bahrain.

Some professions require a local accreditation - particularly medical and engineering professionals. This is a fairly straightforward exercise for those who are properly qualified in their home countries. Banking and finance roles require approval of the regulator, who will look at qualifications (among other things).

It will be useful to bring English translations if the original is in another language.

Trust the above is helpful.

Hello ma'am! Sounds interesting. Actually I'm consider Bahrain as one of the place that I want to work in. Please give me details about it. Thanks.

Florinda Somera

Farhaz wrote:

Generally, foreign professional qualifications are accepted by employers in Bahrain.

Some professions require a local accreditation - particularly medical and engineering professionals. This is a fairly straightforward exercise for those who are properly qualified in their home countries. Banking and finance roles require approval of the regulator, who will look at qualifications (among other things).

It will be useful to bring English translations if the original is in another language.

Trust the above is helpful.

Dear Farhaz

Can you please share some more information regarding foreign Engineering qualifications.

Thanks in Advance.

Okay sir thanks for the information. How do we apply for that licensure examinations to be qualified in the engineering position? Working experience also considered when you are applying work in Bahrain?
Like my situation i want to apply in an office work like secretary or administrative assistant? What will i do to be hired in company in Bahrain

Thank you.

Recognition/attestation of can be divided into two types based on sector:
1-Private sector: Not much of a hassle. Just get it stamped from the concerned authorities in your home country and then from the Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs. No need to get it done from the Ministry of Education (MoE) here.
2-Pubic sector: You have to follow a set procedure as set out by the MoE, and it takes time too.