Bad Experience with HSBC in Vietnam

Hello Folks

I had very bad experience with HSBC transferring money to overseas. I had made one transaction on 18th of May, 1000$ to India for business purposes, the transaction was successful but after a few days later I received an email from HSBC asking more information of my Beneficiary account, I had provided whole information what I had.

After day by day and week by week the money still not credited to the beneficiary account and I need to make phone call every week to HSBC and asked  what happened and they said HSBC in the USA holding this money due to security reason and HSBC Vietnam did their job so they don't have any responsibility for this issue. I was so mad and keep talking with this still now to transfer or return back Money. the funny things they said if I want to return the money then I have to fill out the form and the fee will be 1 million VND.  My question why I have to pay 1 million because that's is not my fault.

If anybody ever had face this situation or similar then please share on here.

Thank you

HSBC is a terrible bank, international though they may be. Stay away from them.

I agree about HSBC. I have had accounts with HSBC since 1965 and their service has steadily got worse over the years. Nowadays you can't talk to anyone at the bank without dealing with someone working to a script. This means that they are usually unable to answer even the simplest query and have to refer to someone more senior.

Thus even a simple request can take weeks - and sometimes they just don't answer your query at all.

I'd try another bank, once, if, you get your money back.

M