MAIL FORWARDING SERVICE FROM US TO COSTA RICA

Hola,

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before!

I moved to Costa Rica one year ago but have maintained a US mailing address--my daughter's address.  My daughter will be moving soon and I want to establish some sort of service whereby a company can set up a PO Box or some other address to which mail can be delivered, and then the service can forward the mail to me in Guanacaste (playas del coco, probably).

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE company that offers this type of service to Costa Rica.  I believe there are several companies that offer this but from what I can tell some of them are not very good.

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Jay

As far as i know, the US Mail provides this service.

jayhb62 wrote:

Hola,

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before!

I moved to Costa Rica one year ago but have maintained a US mailing address--my daughter's address.  My daughter will be moving soon and I want to establish some sort of service whereby a company can set up a PO Box or some other address to which mail can be delivered, and then the service can forward the mail to me in Guanacaste (playas del coco, probably).

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE company that offers this type of service to Costa Rica.  I believe there are several companies that offer this but from what I can tell some of them are not very good.

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Jay

Hola Jay,

I have used Aerocasillas for years as do many expats.  You will be given a Miami address that is specific to you and they then forward the mail to their office nearest to your location.  They'll send you an email when you receive mail.

They charge about $1.50 per envelope.  The nice thing about their service is if you go to pick something up, see that it's not something you want, you can refuse it at no cost. 

Their web address is:  http://aeropost.com/site/en.  It's a strange website.  They've changed it to try and get more people to ship products with them so it looks like their selling crap rather than a service.  Shipping packages through them is efficient and reliable but they are one of the most expensive I've ever used for packages.  Only made that mistake once.  I only use them for the U.S. address and mail that I want to make sure that I receive.

- Expat Dave

Thank you Dave.

Another company recommended is USGlobalMail.  Have you heard anything about them?

jayhb62 wrote:

Thank you Dave.

Another company recommended is USGlobalMail.  Have you heard anything about them?

I have not heard of this one.  I looked it up and the only disadvantage I see right off is the cost - $10-$15 per month whether you receive mail or not.  Unless you plan to receive a lot of mail it's seems expensive.  They also use FedEx, etc. to deliver it. I assume they then charge another deliver fee?   That seems like the price would be really high.

The other advantage to me of Aero is that they have offices all over CR.

If you do end up using them, please post how it all works out or what you think of them.  Thanks!

- Expat Dave