Naturalisation and citizenship in Cyprus

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Cyprus? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Cyprus? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Cypriot citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

I have lived in Cyprus since 2005 and have been here permanently since then .
Obtaining Residency through Immigration is a lengthy process and you need paperwork to prove you can support yourself but my advise is to go along to immigration and get the form with the list of requirements first .

citizenship and residency are two completely different processes...

residency in weeks ------- citizenship can take years

Hello

My name is Meg and i have my Cypriot citizenship, acquired my citizenship after 5 years because i'm Married to a cypriot and we have got two kids, The process was not easy because my first application was rejected but my second application was approved. Having a cypriot citizenship doesn't stop you from having dual citizenship.Having a Cypriot citizenship benefits you alot 1st because you settle in Cyprus just like your home country, There's no hustles for renewing residents permits and also you can travel to a lot of countries without visa. If you want to apply the best thing is to approach immigration officials because every case is different from my experience.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Maybe this article about  Cyprus citizenship, invest.tranio.com/passport , will help you. I am sure that it is not full information but more than enough to understand the procedure and picture in general.

if only i had €2million.....