Completing NIE application in UK

Hello all,

Unfortunately my father passed away 2 weeks ago, he left assets in Spain and completed a Spanish Will which is with is solicitor. The solicitor has asked me to apply for a NIE number in order to receive his estate.

I am after some advice on completing the NIE application in the UK and submitting at the consulate.
I have read through a number of guide regarding the whole process and the documentation I need to take to the consulate.
Although I have downloaded the official form and a English guide I am un-clear about a couple of sections within the form and really need some advice to prevent the application failing at the first hurdle.

Section 1 FOREIGNERS Details- do I place my details here or leave the section blank? Bearing in mind if my details are placed on here do I included my parents details as asked, with this my father was the only parent living in Spain and passed away 2 weeks ago, but I do have his NIE number.

Section 2 I am assuming this is all my details.
Sections 3 & 4 seem to be self explanatory.

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated

Kind Regards

Jace

Hi Jace1970

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I am truly sorry for your loss, please accept our condolences to you and your family. I hope someone can help with some advice, failing that could your late father's solicitor help you at all, or maybe the Embassy?

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

In section one they want your details so yes you put the names of both of your parents. Have you noticed the little numbers next to various questions which have explanations at the bottom of the form?

You do not need to complete section 2 unless someone else is going to hand in the paperwork for you. You may, for instance use a solicitor to do the work.

Good luck

In many instances in Spain one is requred to show the FIRST NAME, just one, not surname, of ones parents. 

That applies no matter old you are or whehter your parents are still alive or where in the world they live or lived.