Soliciting more clear picture and advice

Good day everyone!

i'm a newbie...currently working in dubai and got an offer to work in a new luxury hotel there in manama. am very interested both with the career and the opportunity to see the beauty of bahrain... but having read the news on the net, am afraid to accept the offer.

kindly give me better picture regarding the real situation there... is it true that warning for repatriation was being issued particularly for OFWs? is it safe to accept the offer?

thanks in advance for the advice/ taking time to answer my concern.

Of course..though things are mad, and out of hand..it will calm down eventually and get back to normal, I hope.

From where I seat, nothing to be scared of, so far for expatriates.
Even if the events here are serious, we aren't targeted in any way and neither my friends, nor myself are feeling insecure, sad for sure, but not threatened.
For your offer, my concern is more that hotels might suffer a little from a "boomerang effect" on tourism in the coming months, particularly if the Grand Prix is cancelled  :(
Then you might come and lose your job in a few months due to the lack of turnover.
I'm not sure they'll be able to secure that for you.

Cheers

Olivier

I agree with Olivier on that. Given the circumstance, this unrest will soon subside.

Due to the change in the "weather", the hospitality industry has taken a beating. Some hotels work at 20% occupancy in the Manama Area. However, the ones near the airport seem to play it above the water.

With respect to the offer, Bahrain is good to live and work,but Im sure you will have a culture shock since you will land from Dubai. Dont let that bother you.

I would suggest  you have a frank chat with the HR of the hotel that is offering you and ensure your queries are answered to your fullest satisfaction before taking a decision.

thanks a lot for the insights guys!!:-*
do continue to share your knowledge and buoying up others...

kudos!:cheers: