Student in Finance

Hello, guys
I'm currently finishing my MSc in Finance and I'm considering moving overseas. Therefore, I would like to know how much can a student in finance make in his first job in Germany.
Furthermore, how hard it is moving to Germany without being fluent in German?

Really appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,
Pepper

Starting salaries for fresh graduates in Germany are EUR 35000 - 50000 / year.
Without speaking good German, you'd probably be at the lower end of this or less (IF you can find a job at all).
At least, if you are Portuguese (as your profile suggests), you won't have the visa issues that non-EU-citizens face.

beppi wrote:

Starting salaries for fresh graduates in Germany are EUR 35000 - 50000 / year.
Without speaking good German, you'd probably be at the lower end of this or less (IF you can find a job at all).
At least, if you are Portuguese (as your profile suggests), you won't have the visa issues that non-EU-citizens face.

Hello, Beppi
First of all, thank you for replying. Your help means the world to me, seriously.
In Portugal, at multinational firms, foreign people can find a job relatively easy, even if you don't speak Portuguese. Is it that hard in Germany? I'm currently taking classes but it's nowhere near to being
fluent.

Thanks once again for your help.
Kind regards,
Pepper

EDIT: The salary range difference is ENORMOUS though so even if it is that hard I'mma learn that German really quick and get myself a job there as soon as I can.

Well, without good German skills you are not suitable for any role that needs to communicate well with customers, partners or even German colleagues. That limits your potential tremendously.
But if you have rare niche skills, that employers need and cannot easily find in Germany, that may make up for it.

beppi wrote:

Well, without good German skills you are not suitable for any role that needs to communicate well with customers, partners or even German colleagues. That limits your potential tremendously.
But if you have rare niche skills, that employers need and cannot easily find in Germany, that may make up for it.

I got the answer I was looking for. Thanks, Beppi. You helped me a lot.

Take care,
Pepper

Regarding salary: Please note that the figures stated above are before tax and compulsory deductions (insurances and social security). If you're single, the associated payout would be EUR 22000 - 29000 / year.
Please also note that living costs are high in Germany.

beppi wrote:

Regarding salary: Please note that the figures stated above are before tax and compulsory deductions (insurances and social security). If you're single, the associated payout would be EUR 22000 - 29000 / year.
Please also note that living costs are high in Germany.

That's twice the figure a student straight out of college student would earn in Portugal and living costs here are not so low either so I would say it's worth it. I still have time to plan everything out and make every comparison possible though while finishing the Masters.

For instance, how much does a single person spends in rent, wi-fi, groceries, and similars, approximately, in Germany? Let's say Berlin or Munich, for instance.

Once again, Beppi, You're help have been great!

Living costs, especially rent, differ a lot from place to place, with Munich being the most expensive in all respects.
A sublet room in the bigger cities will cost you EUR 350 - 500 / month (or a one-room apartment EUR 500 - 800) and you'll need at least EUR 600 - 800 / month for everything else - or more if you have expensive tastes (going out to eat or drink is a major cost factor!).
More detailed information about price levels is available at numbeo.com

beppi wrote:

Living costs, especially rent, differ a lot from place to place, with Munich being the most expensive in all respects.
A sublet room in the bigger cities will cost you EUR 350 - 500 / month (or a one-room apartment EUR 500 - 800) and you'll need at least EUR 600 - 800 / month for everything else - or more if you have expensive tastes (going out to eat or drink is a major cost factor!).
More detailed information about price levels is available at numbeo.com

I can't stress enough how grateful I am for your help, Beppi!