China questions ????

Hi,
        Just a short post. Where is the best place to learn Mandarin in China ? Where has the best weather, for example the NE (Beijing) is very cold in the winter and Shanghai is very hot and sticky in the summer. In Guangzhou, it's warm all year round but they speak Cantonese there, am I right? So where overall is the best place to go for climate and to learn Mandarin ?

Thanks for the message, I'm new on here but that is mine as well.  I'm learning Chinese now and my wife and I are considering moving to China.  I understand Hangzhou and Xiamen have a fairly large number of Mandarin speakers, but Guangzhou is primarily Cantonese.  I'm interested what others say...

I have a question on health care in China.  We are wondering if Western type health care facilities are available and accessible to Americans living in China.  We are wondering about quality of care, cost, and availability of emergency services.  If anyone has thoughts or experiences, we'd like to know.

Re: Learning Chinese. By far the best way to learn Chinese quickly is to move to a smaller city with a minimal foreign presence. Make Chinese friends and hang out with them. You can easily get by in Beijing and Shanghai without speaking any Chinese. Qingdao is beautiful and not as high of a foreign presence.

Re: Western Healthcare. It's definitely available in Beijing and Shanghai. Check out United Family Hospitals or S.O.S. Ambulance/emergency services can be spotty, but if you can get to one of these hospitals you'll be fine.

Matt, thanks for the response.  Qingdao looks like a beautiful place.  Are you aware of anywhere further south where Mandarin is commonly spoken?

hi mattbankeruu i am an indian willing to work i china . i have done my Graduate diploma in business administration . please suggest me .

Hi alisterterry,

You are :offtopic: in this thread.

(you already got a similar post on the China forum. Please check.)

Thank you,
Christine

The best weather in China is in the South. In some cities like Guangzhou, Shenzhen. Cantonese is not the biggest language these days. The Population
of non-locals is bigger than that of the locals.  Mandarin is widely spoken.You can easily find a school to learn standard Mandarin.