Leased condo has been sold, what are renters rights to terminate lease

I am currently leasing a condo that was also for sale.  I had a 1 year lease. The condo was sold before the lease expired.  The rental company says that I must continue to stay for 60 days from the date the condo was sold.

I want to leave earlier than that period but also have a 1 month security deposit as well as a "pet deposit" for my dog.

There is nothing in writing in my lease agreement that addresses this situation.

To complicate matters, I was informed the building was well maintained and had 24 hour security.  The security portion in reality is not true as there are no security guards on Sundays and occasionally the security company does not provide a guard for a night that is other than Sunday.  In addition, I have noticed several issues, including the maintenance person on duty during Monday-Saturday who has keys to my unit and entered my unit to cook dinner and drink all of my alcohol while I was traveling back to the United States.  I confronted him and he admitted to these facts but said, "I was going to replace what I took before you returned."  I returned to my leased condo earlier than he anticipated.

I live in a very nice area in Guanacaste and my property here is considered a prime rental location.

Do I have any options to get out of the requested "60 day intermediate period?"

All suggestions and comments are welcomed.  I apologize if this issue has been addressed in the past.

Jay

Can't offer any help, however there was recently 4 part article about evictions and there is info about leases that may help you. All sections, can be accessed through article #4

thank you.  But from what I read in the link, it did not address my situation.

I want to leave early for reasons stated above.  In addition, I am building a home and I want to move closer to where the building is taking place.

You really should contact an attorney and get "legal advice."

- Expat Dave

Perhaps that is the most correct answer available!

I will definitely do that. However, my attorney is half owner of the rental company in question. But, I will ask him anyway 😐

Jay,
My education/background is in law.   (Fortunately I got out of that and into something that I could enjoy.)  And I've experienced the CR legal system.  I would strongly recommend that you contact a lawyer that is not connected in anyway with that project.

I don't trust lawyers in general and even less so here.  As with many professionals here, they unfortunately have very little educational requirements.  Try to find someone, not connected to the project, that can recommend an attorney for you.  Good luck.

- Expat Dave

As a healthcare practitioner who conducted medical research for 30 years in the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, I question the over the counter sale of blood pressure, antibiotic and other medications here.  So I definitely understand your concern about the legal system.

Point well taken.

Jay