The life (Manille)

Hello,

I am new to the forum I must go abroad to Manila and I know the budget it takes to live in Manila

Manila is she a nice town or not?

Thank you very much

Hi Herve, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will give you information about Manila.

Good luck
Christine

Thank you for your message makes me say that the picture you have a beautiful smile.

My Warmest Regards

Hervé

Herve,

You will need to provide more details on what your expectations are. What country/city, first world or developing, do you need schools, close to work, etc.

RP is a developing country so the cost of living has a very large range so it all depends. Manila, especially Makati area, is not cheap compared to other developed areas.

Good luck,
Don

AS far as i would share my impresions - it is very controversial. But it is Asian country - so the difference with the lifestyla, attitude and etc is a great difference from US and Europe.
As far as MAnila consist of several different cities - it really depends on the place you are staying. It can be a nice place - or it can be realy shity place, that you would probably hate for all the rest of your life.
The same thing is with the expenses. If you used to a having a posh life and enjoying yourself - it is the perfect place to go to - you will always find a way how to spend your money and enjoy the life at its reachness! But it is possible to live and enjoy even you are tight on budget.

Manila is nice place to live in, if you will go there together with your long patience you will be discovering and be overwhelmed of countries most known city...in heart of Manila.

just take care of yourself there..
be glad and be blessed.

And Manila will welcome you as well.

Godspeed.

Herve,

Manila is nice place, it is still depends on a person itself on how she/he appreciate. Makati is a good place its a commercial place, lots of known restaurant, signature boutiques, big malls, with discos and decent bars as well.
As my country, I don't find it shity place, its just that really depends on a person how he enjoy himself staying and having a good time here.
Aside form this, try to visit different places in Phils.m but make sure that you are already familiar first, especially with our native language (tagalog/filipino language), or hire a reliable and competent tour guide.

Enjoy... have a good time.

There is a City of Manila, and there is a Metro Manila. The city if inside the Metro.

If it is the Metro you refer to, many parts are safe, and many require regular safety precautions, just like living anywhere else.

But yes, you are safe :)

Last 8 months i am staying in Manila , i feel gud people ,gud culture , very patient, everyboady able to understand english so i feel no language barrier.

Thx Manila

Manila is a city full of life.

You will see different people from all walks of life.

Cost of living will vary from your lifestyle. ALways stick to your budget and you won't go astray.

im Malagasy from Madagascar. I've never been to manila but my husband is from there and I saw all the pictures he shows me and i can say Manila is a very nice place. Even me i'm planning to going there.

i think this is a very dificulet question to answer because there are aspects that one person would love about manila and other problems that would cause a european to dislike manila - having lived in north america and various asian countries most of my life i am happy to be in manila as a retirement destination and plan to remain permanently - the main reasons are as follows - the people are friendly and welcoming, there are so many beautiful places to visit in the philippines, and the cost of living is reasonable

I agree with the comment above. There is Manila, the country's capital. And there is Metro Manila (which is composed of different cities). Most people, when referring to "Manila," are actually talking about Metro Manila.

If you're used to first world countries, then most of Metro Manila might be quite uncomfortable for you at first. But if your budget can afford it, there are places like Rockwell (very expat friendly, very safe, very clean) and Bonifacio Global City (which is many times larger than Rockwell) which you would find nice, I'm pretty sure. Ayala Alabang (which is outside Metro Manila) is also a very nice place. I believe there are some houses for rent in Ayala Alabang Village. Very expensive (definitely more expensive than Makati!), but really worth it, if it suits the budget. There are many foreign nationals in said subdivision. Or, if you don't mind the distance, you might even want to consider the new, posh subdivisions in Laguna (specifically, Sta. Rosa, Laguna). More and more commercial establishments are being developed in the area, but a big bonus is that you get to be away from the Metro Manila pollution.

But if by "nice," your main criteria would be the people, then yes, I think everyone can agree that Filipinos are a very hospitable and amiable lot, in general :)

I also agree with what a lot of the people here posted. What criteria do you go by when you say "nice"? :) Then perhaps we can give you better answers.