Close

Salon Skilled in African/AA/Black Hair (Manila)?

Is there a salon in Manila specializing (or at least skilled) in African/AA/Black hairstyles?

mindy.houser wrote:

Is there a salon in Manila specializing (or at least skilled) in African/AA/Black hairstyles?

Yes, there are several in Makati. In Makati there are a lot of African women who work at the call centers. You will notice them at the mall and along the street walking about. They don't use Jeepneys as much as they prefer walking.

I have met many of them both the guys and gals. That was one of the first things I asked them was where to get my hair cut. Many like the salons near A_Venue. It's a Condo building that host free concerts every night. It's a foreigner hangout with beauticians who are very skilled with our kinky hair and make-up. One guy was living in the United States and is now here with his salons specializing in African and Arab women's hair and makeup. I noticed Mary Kay products while getting my haircut. It's very expensive because he uses American products.

Louis Phillip Kee Salon in The Fort. 

facebook.com/pages/African-Hair-Products-Philippines/1581928682035055

I'm currently working in Manila until December and staying in Global city.  Your response was helpful but I am unable to locate this salon.  I am African American and would love to have my hair pressed. Any other suggestions or has this salon relocated to another area?

ncthompson1224 wrote:

I'm currently working in Manila until December and staying in Global city.  Your response was helpful but I am unable to locate this salon.  I am African American and would love to have my hair pressed. Any other suggestions or has this salon relocated to another area?

Go to  Makati. The  A-venue  condo building.  Hanging out there are several Africans.  Both men and women who can help you. There are  several Pinay beauticians in the  area that can Perm/Press/and braid. They are very skilled at what they do and they don't over charge.

Thank you so much.

I do have a contact for someone that can braid or fix African American/ Kinky/Afro hair .. ***, her name is Vanessa. she is really good .

Moderated by Priscilla 2 weeks ago
Reason : do not post personal details on the forum + recommend her in the business directory

Hi, please check your inbox... I've sent you a message as it looks like posting details is not allowed on the forum...I'd really appreciate the details for Vanessa asap.
Thank you

Thanks for the info.  What is the name of the salon your contact works at?  I have been using a sponge to get my twists started but am now ready to get official twists.  I'm familiar with the the metro Manila area..  Thanks!

Questions and answers about Manila

Ask your question
carolluong
Looking for a new challenge in Makati
By carolluong
Linh46
Looking for a Job in Phil - Vietnamese
By Linh46
kristine091890
Moroccan people in Manila!? Salam!
By kristine091890
Luna_25