Salon Skilled in African/AA/Black Hair (Manila)?

Is there a salon in Manila specializing (or at least skilled) in African/AA/Black hairstyles?

mindy.houser wrote:

Is there a salon in Manila specializing (or at least skilled) in African/AA/Black hairstyles?

Yes, there are several in Makati. In Makati there are a lot of African women who work at the call centers. You will notice them at the mall and along the street walking about. They don't use Jeepneys as much as they prefer walking.

I have met many of them both the guys and gals. That was one of the first things I asked them was where to get my hair cut. Many like the salons near A_Venue. It's a Condo building that host free concerts every night. It's a foreigner hangout with beauticians who are very skilled with our kinky hair and make-up. One guy was living in the United States and is now here with his salons specializing in African and Arab women's hair and makeup. I noticed Mary Kay products while getting my haircut. It's very expensive because he uses American products.

Louis Phillip Kee Salon in The Fort. 

facebook.com/pages/African-Hair-Products-Philippines/1581928682035055

I'm currently working in Manila until December and staying in Global city.  Your response was helpful but I am unable to locate this salon.  I am African American and would love to have my hair pressed. Any other suggestions or has this salon relocated to another area?

ncthompson1224 wrote:

I'm currently working in Manila until December and staying in Global city.  Your response was helpful but I am unable to locate this salon.  I am African American and would love to have my hair pressed. Any other suggestions or has this salon relocated to another area?

Go to  Makati. The  A-venue  condo building.  Hanging out there are several Africans.  Both men and women who can help you. There are  several Pinay beauticians in the  area that can Perm/Press/and braid. They are very skilled at what they do and they don't over charge.

Thank you so much.

I do have a contact for someone that can braid or fix African American/ Kinky/Afro hair .. ***, her name is Vanessa. she is really good .

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : do not post personal details on the forum + recommend her in the business directory

Hi, please check your inbox... I've sent you a message as it looks like posting details is not allowed on the forum...I'd really appreciate the details for Vanessa asap.
Thank you

Thanks for the info.  What is the name of the salon your contact works at?  I have been using a sponge to get my twists started but am now ready to get official twists.  I'm familiar with the the metro Manila area..  Thanks!

I am an African, I do my hair as well as others, but I have challenges getting hair extensions here in Manila. I tried to look up the  A-venue Condo that you mentioned on google but, didn't succeed. If you could kindly message me the address of this place, I believe that will be helpful.

Thank you.

Could I please have the contact details for Vanessa? Thank you so much!

Ify A, would you br willing to do my Congolese daughter's hair for a charge? I am learning slowly via YouTube and such, but I would love to watch an expert work firsthand. :)

Could you message me onFB her contact information?  I would like to have my hair done I'm going to be here until late next month. my fb name is Bee Wiles

Hello if you are an African and does braid hair please send me back a msg thru this email thank you

Hello did u get the info of this girl that does braid hair for Afro hair an u also msg me pls I need it

Reason : please recommend this person in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Could I get Vanessa's contact information?  I just arrived to Manila and I am looking for a hairstylist.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Hello, I would like the number please. I need my hair done Friday

Hello here is d number...***

Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Hello,
I have only just found this thread. I 'm Caribbean looking to have my hair pressed but I have my own products. Can I have the contact number of the salon or person who is able to do this for me? I would be in the Makati area soon

Hello....ok dear...here is d number ***

thanks so much!

Hi,

I will be moving here in July, I would be grateful for the details.

Thanks

Hello...saw ur message ..do u mean u need someone to make ur hair when u come here by June?  :)

I have locs and will be looking for someone that would be able to retwist and style them once in a while.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Proposing own services = advertising

Hello I'm going to Philippines on the 19th this month and I'm looking for a place where I can get my hair braided (box braids) please contact me my email is xxx thank you.

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
Reason : No free ads allowed on the forum + register your business in the business directory of the website
Reason : No free ads allowed on the forum + register your business in the business directory of the website

Yes I'd like to get my hair braided before I go back to the states I'm in Subic bay right now I'd like to know where your location is if that's okay

Hello...I stay in manila..but if u want me to come over to braid ur hair that's ok with me..

Inbox asap, if you provide hair & are available!

Hey Rossy may you get in touch with me if your still here?

Hello Jessie  ..yes am still here..and very much available

How do I send you a private message

Click on my profile to send me ur number...I tried sending a message but it says ur message is on private so my message can't be send...so u try sending Me messages maybe it will go tru.

It's also says yours is private

I have changed my settings, you can send me a message!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Promotion of your own services is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory > Hairdressers
Closed