Super Pola

For those of you who go to Pola Sosua on discount days, you may be in for unpleasant surprise as I was today.
Noticed after shopping no discount applied, so bill was much larger than expected.
Very irritating!
Seems they have suddenly decided you need a card from now, Yeah Thanks Pola would have been nice to actually tell people,,seen nothing in store about this.
So be aware waste of time going to Pola on discount days as you wont get any,- unless you apply for card !

That's business.
Pizza hut here were doing a very nice BBQ pizza but stopped doing it without notice.
I didn't moan, just ordered from Dominos instead.

They make choices based on what they think is best for their business - No issue.

It has always been that way at La Sirena, their sister store.  If I remember correctly it was that way at Super Pola,  Get a card,  Save money and you collect points. Each point is worth a peso.

once or twice a year I cash in my points for food and donate it!!!!

Well it was not that way at Pola, been getting discounts for months no prob..only now they started doing card thing
..point was they could have at least told people about chsnge of policy!

Yup that would be reasonable.

Not a big deal. It takes about a minute to get one of their cards along with a small tab that fits on  your key ring.  You have always needed this to accumulate points. I know about twice a year I accumulate about $1500RD worth of points.  Nice savings when I use them.
On my bill today I saved about 30% on my bill with the discounts.  So worth spending a minute to get a card.

Bob K

Well whether is easy to get a card or not wasn't really the issue, my point was that after ages giving discount without need for card, they didn't tell anyone it changed, put up notice , etc First thing you know about it is when you lose your discount,  which you ain't going to get back.  so post really was to make people aware who dont have card yet.

Agreed.  We all need to know when things change. Thanks for posting!

We simply added the benefits. And the card works at both Pola and la Sirena!  :D