How hard is it to find housing that allows pets?

Hola, we plan on coming later this summer. May I ask you a couple of questions?

We have three small pets as well, how hard is it to find housing to accommodate the Initial arrival?

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Shree

Do you mean housing for the pets?  are they adapted to high heat and high humidity

No, I mean is it easy to find housing that allows pets?

And yes, we're coming from the cold so we all are going to have to climitize.

Gracia

Shree

Moving from Cincinnati to Saltillo no one I knew had pats with problems adapting to the climate change.  I'm no expert so consult your vet about specific species if you are concerned about that aspect.  If it's a question about lease restrictions or Homeowner agreements, that varies.  In my experience, such restrictions are rare except in "expat colony" developments.

We came to Quintana Roo with cats.  They were a little listless for a couple of days, but they adapted very quickly, were running and playing in no time.  They sleep a lot, of course, but then they are cats!

Thank you, Sir. Yes, we're worried about not being able to rent because of our pets.

Shree

Hi Shree,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Mexico forum for a better visibility.

Good luck,
Christine
Expat.com

I checked with a local friend who has 6 dogs. He said if you are looking at apartments they only allow a very small single dog. If you have dogs, he said you have to rent a house. Otherwise he says it is not usually a problem. He is a native so he is a good source for that sort of info. Hope that helps.