Italian visa clarification

Hi everyone, I'm newly member of this forum.
I'm from Philippines, I wanted to ask some ideas with all of you if any.
My boyfriend is inviting me in Italy for a visit just to try and see if I may like their place.. Before he will come here for marriage.
But there is no applicable fiancé visa in Italy only tourist visa.. How many days could be possible the most granted and approved.
I'm a regular worker but I don't have a savings account, they need  preference for financial stability.
My boyfriend said he will sponsor everything, what are the requirements my boyfriend have to provide for securing the visa required as a sponsor of my stay in Italy.
We haven't meet yet in person too, was it possible my tourist visa will be approved.
Need help. To clear my mind
Thanks.!!!
Godbless...

Loi.

Lloydibanz wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm newly member of this forum.
I'm from Philippines, I wanted to ask some ideas with all of you if any.
My boyfriend is inviting me in Italy for a visit just to try and see if I may like their place.. Before he will come here for marriage.
But there is no applicable fiancé visa in Italy only tourist visa.. How many days could be possible the most granted and approved.
I'm a regular worker but I don't have a savings account, they need  preference for financial stability.
My boyfriend said he will sponsor everything, what are the requirements my boyfriend have to provide for securing the visa required as a sponsor of my stay in Italy.
We haven't meet yet in person too, was it possible my tourist visa will be approved.
Need help. To clear my mind
Thanks.!!!
Godbless...

Loi.

You should be able to find most of the information on Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en

Tourist visas are valid for at most 90 days, depending on proof of subsistence, accomodation and insurance.

Having not met should not make any difference for obtaining a tourist/visit visa. 

You already plan to marry someone you've never met??  :huh: That's a very questionable decision, and the Italian authorities will probably agree should you later apply for family based visa.  You may want to plan a few meetings/trips to truly get to know 'your other half' and see if you're truly compatible.  This will help avoid the appearance of a marriage of convenience in the eyes of the authorities.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks for your reply. We only see each other on skype every day. Been doing this for a year..
He asked me to visit his place first.
I try to convince him to come here in the country first for a valid evidence that we are in relationship but he  refused my suggestion. .
What will I do.?

Lloydibanz wrote:

Thanks for your reply. We only see each other on skype every day. Been doing this for a year..
He asked me to visit his place first.
I try to convince him to come here in the country first for a valid evidence that we are in relationship but he  refused my suggestion. .
What will I do.?

Well, I was in your situation once, as I met Mrs. Romaniac online as well 12 years ago.  With that said, Skype is no comparison or substitute to actually spending time with each other in person.  There's a LOT of things you cannot experience or notice by virtual presence :) The fact that he's refusing to visit you first is concerning; you might want to discuss that in further depth.  If you're talking marriage, then he should (and needs to) experience and accept your culture.  It's a two-way street ;)

Just go to his place on a tourist visa.

If you plan to stay with him, or vice versa, you'll be better seeing a lawyer. As far as I know, getting married is the surest way to gain permanent residency but they are very stringent on whether they deem the relationship real or contrived.