Probation extension

My company wants me to sign an extension to my probation period. (It's their way of not giving an Iqama.)

I don't want to sign it. I have other plans. If I sign it, can it cause complications for myself later on down the road?

Thanks...

How many days is your current probation period?

Per labor law, it can't be more than 90 days, excluding two Eid holidays and sick days. Either party can terminate contract during probation.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

How many days is your current probation period?

Per labor law, it can't be more than 90 days, excluding two Eid holidays and sick days. Either party can terminate contract during probation.

According to amended labor law, probation period is extendable. Here is how it is stated in the laboreducation.gov.sa/en/
"The probation period shall not exceed more than ninety days, such period may be extended, subject to a written agreement between the parties, to a total of a hundred and eighty days."

True Ehtesham,

With regard to @OP's concern, this is sufficient:

Ehtesham wrote:

The probation period shall not exceed more than ninety days, such period may be extended, subject to a written agreement between the parties, to a total of a hundred and eighty days.

Also, this must be noted:

Either party may terminate the work contract during the probation period, unless the contract includes a provision giving such right exclusively to either party.