Milan - Living Cost

Guys,
The Company offered me relocate to Milan from Frankfurt Germany.
I have heard that Milan is quite expensive.
But, Frankfurt is also not so cheap.
Can you tell me average cost living in Milan.
Accommodation in normal district 2-3 rooms. I am gonna pick up my small family as well.
Food cost? Transport?
Is it possible to live normally by 2 - 2.5 net grands per month?
In Frankfurt 2.5 is quite enough to live well not Schick.

Thanks in advance everyone who responds.

Cheers
Riman

Guys, please :)

hello,

yes Milan is quite expensive compare to other cities in Italy, but compare to other cities in europe is relatively cheap. from my experience traveling in Europe i always found many things are actually cheaper in Milan :).

i live here with my small family (husband and daughter). from what i know, accommodation 2-3 rooms for family in normal district cost around 1000-2500 per month depends on the district and the kind of establishment you want. electricity, gas etc around 100-300, again..depends on your consumption

food cost also depends on how you usually eat but normally is about 50 to 300 per week. if u use metro, the metro card valid for 1 month only cost 35 euro. i dont know about fuel consumption since i don't have vehicles and don't feel like i need one here but there are plenty of options for fuels that u can chose.

those numbers are only based on my experiences living here on my kind of lifestyle :), some can spend less and many can spend more, but i think with 2,5 , u and your small family will be able to live comfortably here

hopefully it can help.:)

regards,
andini

thanks indeed Andini :)

Hi,

I've lived in Stuttgart, and been to Frankfurt few times. I can tell you that I hate going to Milan for errands. It is very very expensive compare to everywhere else in Italy. The price of food at the cafeteria is incredible expensive and you have to pay for everything like in any major city in the world. There are security cameras everywhere in the red light and I got a ticket every time I go there. Last time it was because my wife was changing lanes in a way that they found inadequate for driving within city limits. The tickets are almos 100 euros each time. Every time I go there with my family we end up expending hundreds of euros between parking, food, transportation, and the"tickets". Believe me, Frankfurt is cheap. Compare to Milan. And what about clothing? Have you seen how people dress up there? I mean workers? Even bank tellers look like models in the way they dress up.  Well, just make sure you are getting paid a little more than what you get paid in Frankfurt. Good luck!

luisto wrote:

Hi,

I've lived in Stuttgart, and been to Frankfurt few times. I can tell you that I hate going to Milan for errands. It is very very expensive compare to everywhere else in Italy. The price of food at the cafeteria is incredible expensive and you have to pay for everything like in any major city in the world. There are security cameras everywhere in the red light and I got a ticket every time I go there. Last time it was because my wife was changing lanes in a way that they found inadequate for driving within city limits. The tickets are almos 100 euros each time. Every time I go there with my family we end up expending hundreds of euros between parking, food, transportation, and the"tickets". Believe me, Frankfurt is cheap. Compare to Milan. And what about clothing? Have you seen how people dress up there? I mean workers? Even bank tellers look like models in the way they dress up.  Well, just make sure you are getting paid a little more than what you get paid in Frankfurt. Good luck!

Hi Luisto,
Thanks indeed for your response.
Well, I already declined my transfer because as it is seen Milan is very expensive.
Cheers from FRA :)

Hi,

Ok, I hope not because of my comment.😟

luisto wrote:

Hi,

Ok, I hope not because of my comment.😟

no )))))))))))))))
you are not one, who telling same staff about Milan