GOVERNMENT CURRENCY CHANGE

My Vietnamese Fiance has a relatively large sum of VND in her ACB savings account. She is worried the government plans to devalue the VND.

She is looking at potential ways to prevent a loss. She has told me she can exchange her VND  to U.S dollars and place this into her Vietnamese ACB  Bank.

1. Does anyone know if this is true and possible?

2. If this is possible, Does ACB or any other reputable Vietnamese bank have international electronic funds transfer services. Specifically, electronic transfer to a UK bank. My Fiance will be with me in the UK soon.She will be opening  a UK BARCLAY bank account on arrival.

Thank you for your comments in advance

Not only possible, but preferable.

All banks offer travel cards which allow 'instant' (& free)
transfer between (your) selected currencies.

Transfers between your primary account and the cards
are also free.

* The history of Fiat money systems is recommended reading...     :o

I think the best way is to exchange a certain large sum of VND into USD or EUR and gold, then keep it yourself.  It's no use putting USD or gold into a Vietnamese bank account because interest rates of those is almost 0% or not higher than 2%, so the bank just helps keep your money 'for free' while they can do business with your money and gold in trade and commerce as usual.

uhm the Vietnamese government has devalued the VND numerous times. 3 times last year and previous years. I don't think they've done it this year.

Shouldn't have much effect if you are using VND domestically. If you're exchanging it for USD or currencies tied to USD than it can be a little more expensive.

If she worries it loses value exchange it for USD as VND is tied to USD and USD (I may be wrong) has always rised in relation to VND.