The holiday season in South Africa

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in South Africa? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in South Africa? How do South Africans celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

i have never spent a christmas  holiday here in south.i will be going to my country.

in my country christmas is the biggest  and most important

we normal meet with other expatriates but most of the time we are too busy with our families etc and holiday time is always short.

i wish to take this opportunity and wish all expatriates a merry christmas

i have never celebrated xmas in RSA,but i think its more to do with christians as they assume to be born again every christmas.

i my host country,christmas is a time of special dedication to Christ or God through holy trinity
people will provide the best meals and also special meetings as they will be working most of the year

but its more to do with rebirth of oneself and prepare for a new year

it is also a time for discussing family issues.it is a lovely but shot holiday for workers