Work permit: what is the time processing and the risk?

Hi,

My name is Rob,

I have a teaching offer in Lohn Khan, Vietnam and I would like to know if I need a work permit to teach for like 6 months?

The school offered me to sign a contract but I am skeptical about signing any contract. I prefer to simply work for 6 months without signing a contract and without work permit: what is the risk if I work without the WP?  Is it true that I face 20MILLION vietnam penalty if I teach without a work permit?

Can the school not pay me if I teach without a work permit?

Another issue is that the original of my Business certificate is not here with me. How much they ebassy charge to make a certificate stamp and is it expensive?

How long will they keep my passport when apply for a work permit? 40 days?

Thank you

Rob

Let me point out the obvious, if you are working you need a work permit.

Nice to see you are already trying to skirt the laws of a host country.

Your profile states you are American, how do you feel about illegal workers invading America?

This forum should not be used to provide information about the avoidance of local laws.

Do yourself and the people of Vietnam a favor and get the necessary permit.

thanks for your useless and pathetic reply.
i know many ppl here work without a wp.

so stop being a jerk and leave the post alone

"i know many ppl here work without a wp."

..we sure do, but the silent majority will never tell...     :whistle:

We prefer to fly under the radar.

Lotsa ways to skin a cat...

Hi Rob,

It will be a big risk. As I know there are so many foreigners they are applied and ready for teaching english in Vietnam. The school MAY cheat you at first, and then if u have no proof about it, you would waste your energy for them for free. I'm not sure about the law but i wish u can find someone who worked in this help you with your problem. Have a nice day!

bkksaigon wrote:

thanks for your useless and pathetic reply.
i know many ppl here work without a wp.

so stop being a jerk and leave the post alone

If you get shafted by the school because you have no WP, then there is squat you can do.