Moving to London in about 6months or earlier

Hi

My wife and I are planning to move to London, if all things go well, before April next year.

We have quite a few things, kitchen appliances and our beloved TV, which we plan to bring. Perhaps 2boxes plus the TV only.

Can anyone suggest an affordable moving company, and also a storage unit perhaps, where they can keep our boxes until we arrive.

We plan to send the boxes before we leave mid east, but we will stay in our home city Manila for a few weeks before we move to UK.

Thanks.

jericho_expat wrote:

Hi

My wife and I are planning to move to London, if all things go well, before April next year.

We have quite a few things, kitchen appliances and our beloved TV, which we plan to bring. Perhaps 2boxes plus the TV only.

Can anyone suggest an affordable moving company, and also a storage unit perhaps, where they can keep our boxes until we arrive.

We plan to send the boxes before we leave mid east, but we will stay in our home city Manila for a few weeks before we move to UK.

Thanks.

Hi

It depends where you are moving to in the UK?
There are quite a few removal services including Ship It or Pickfords that work internationally and are based in the UK.

Yes, I second the idea of Pickfords, they are well known nationally.

jericho_expat wrote:

Hi

We have quite a few things, kitchen appliances and our beloved TV, which we plan to bring. Perhaps 2boxes plus the TV only.....

Just a word of warning; in the US, you use 110v; whereas the UK uses 240v.  Some appliances may be dual voltage (check the manufacturers plate).

Also, not sure, but I think the US broadcasts a different digital-signal to the UK, so your TV may not work as a conventional TV over here.

Thanks for the response...

We will move to London, somewhere around camberwell, or denmark hill... no fixed location yet, butwe plan to live near our workplaces Chelsea and Denmark Hill

Thanks for the reminder, i believe most appliances are capable of working in multiple voltages nowadays.... like our electronic gadgets...

but yes, that is very important.