Close

Property prices in Jalisco

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Jalisco is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Jalisco?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

First, of all  .... newcomers should not be buying but renting

Prices totally depend on location. I bought 2 side by side lots for 50000 each and you'll never find lots for that price anymore anywhere

I built my house so don't know finished house prices except they are usually upward of 100K US.

Many good rentals if you are familiar with the area

Hi, "sparksmex" is right, newcomers should rent and start looking at options for buying.
In our case, my wife and I decided to rent only  (we are 70 and 65) because of the paperwork and now the request of complying with the RFC when selling "capital gain" also you also need a notarized will. Also the maintenance costs.

We are renting a 2 bedroom apartment  (total of 86 square meters) all furnished, utilities included, ocean view, pool, etc...for 9000$ pesos per month. So if we live there for 20 years the total cost would be of 2,160,000$ pesos or about 108000$ USD it was an easy decision for us!!!

On the other hand, there are lots available in our area from 60000$ pesos  (10m x 20m) and others that are asking higher prices  (gringo gulch).

Also, in our area La Peñita de Jaltemba, Nayarit, the real estate agents have a lot of houses for sale at prices above my understanding here are a few links since last year prices are going down a little http://www.vikingorealestate.com.mx/ http://www.cblacosta.com/property/10324 … asa-robert

Adios y buen dia, GyC.

I'm sorry, Sparksmex, but I'm new here so did you pay 50,000 pesos per lot or dollars or what other form of currency? Thanks!

Expatriate health insurance in Jalisco

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Jalisco

Moving to Jalisco

Find tips from professionals about moving to Jalisco

Travel insurance in Jalisco

Enjoy stress-free travel to Jalisco

Flights to Jalisco

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Jalisco