Looking to connect with American and other expats in Christchurch.

Hello Everyone,

I am originally from the states but have lived in NZ for over
two years now. I got my residency in 2010 and then moved
from Queenstown to Christchurch in December.

Now I have all aspects of my life sorted (house, job, partner, etc.) expect the friends/community category.

I am open to meeting all sorts of people but especially want to connect with other americans to share experiences and other kiwis to better understand your culture.

So, I wanted to post this topic and see if there were others like me in chch? If so, lets meet up for a coffee, hike, surf, or drink.

Cheers,
Shan

Hello,

No, I haven't checked out any local groups although a friend of ours here in Lyttelton use to have his own little network of American ex-pats that would get together every so often, but that kind of died down over the last year or so.

We see a lot of other Americans coming through NZ on their way to and from the Ice, use to work there myself, so we often get friends passing through and get together with them but again, not really organized.

So what brought you to NZ and why Christchurch?  I got introduced to NZ through work with the USAP and then finally took the plunge and got residency and citizenship.  LOVE it here!

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Shan!

We'll, I think we fall in the "other expats" -category but I thought I'd respond to you anyway. :)

We are two Finnish expats just recently moved to New Zealand and Christchurch, and would also love to meet new people and share experiences of moving to and living in New Zealand. I am myself a consultant working from a home office and my wife Lotta is doing her Phd at the University of Canterbury.

Any of the activities you mentioned suit our interest, please drop a line if you'd like to meet up and chat!

Cheers,

Harri