Cost of living in Brazil

Hello All,

I know it varies from a place to another and from someone to other, but how much is the average cost of living in Brazil?
How much is the average salaries for locals?
How much do you need to earn to live in a good condition?

Hello Mohamed.Omar1

You will have an idea of the living expenses in Brazil by browsing threads talking about this topic here :

> Cost of living in Brazil

going up by the day, its not that cheep here anymore,
Iam lucky, i have a little land, so i can grow stuff, and the good think about where i live, things seam to grow all year long, even the weeds,
we bought a mower, " a cow", it eats most things, and then we eat that, cleaver thinking. on my brazilians wife part, she eats more than the cow, shes always eating something shes found on the road side
thats given me an idear,,, maybe i should eat her,

Mísericordia!!!! :lol:

Hi everyone,

@El Hasan, any inputs on the few questions asked by Mohamed.Omar1? It will be most appreciated if you could share your experience.

Are you kidding?  Meat is one of the cheaper things there, at least compared to the U.S.  kkkk
I bought meat for a Mother's Day churrasco, several kilos, and it was less than $50.  I was amazed.

Well yeah, if you are thinking in terms of the US dollar it is cheap. But when you plan on living here a long time, you need to start thinking like a Brazilian. When I first moved here I bought R$600 worth of meat to fill my didn't. That's a lot of money to a Brazilian. That's 3 nights of heavy partying. I think it's expensive here in Reals. If the USD goes back to 1 equals 1.6 I'm out of here.

Hi everyone!
   Thanks Bhavna! Salam o alykum Omar.

The average salary here is R$1200-1500. But it depends upon your qualification and profession as well as professional experience. Foreign professional qualification needs to be revalidated bureaucratically here to find a good and professional job.
You can live here  and pass a good life if you have a job, but saving  alot is really difficult.

Brazil is one of the expensive countries as well. If you are paying rent of house, it really gets difficult alone. If you have your own house, you can save  a little bit.

If you have a business Brazil may be a paradise.

El Hasan

Questions and answers about Brazil

Ask your question
How long is my Brazil visa valid for?
By anjuna11
Yesterday's Progress
By Alascana
Driving in Brazil and/or obtaining a Brazilian Licence.
By zebedeespring
Tax Advantages of Offshore Bonds
By 411Ian
Your best business development ideas in Brazil
By Priscilla
What sort of work do most expats do?
By Nawii81

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil