No Customer Service

In America we have customer services.  You have a problem, you write and complain.  You get a answer.
Here in the Netherlands I complained that only English Canadian can not transfer their Driver Licence to Dutch, but if your French Canadian (Quebec resident), your allowed.  Why.   I can not get any of these governments agency to reply other than the question is not important to answer...   Maybe its not important to you, but its bias and discriminates, you want to be so right, a response should be sent!

Dude, you've been there and complaining about this for 2 and a half years.
Surely you could just get on with the application as they wish, and live with the fact you chose to live there.

kennethgford wrote:

In America we have customer services.  You have a problem, you write and complain.  You get a answer.
Here in the Netherlands I complained that only English Canadian can not transfer their Driver Licence to Dutch, but if your French Canadian (Quebec resident), your allowed.  Why.   I can not get any of these governments agency to reply other than the question is not important to answer...   Maybe its not important to you, but its bias and discriminates, you want to be so right, a response should be sent!

America? You're Canadian and have a Canadian license, what are you referencing America for? In any case, it's foolish to hold the Netherlands to your perceived standards of another distant country on another continent.  Countries exchange licenses by way of bilateral agreements and as a matter of courtesy.  It is not a right.  If you don't like it, you can move back to Canada or use a bicycle.

If cannot convert your license, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to pass the exams again.  You presumably did it before.

Yea, Canada and USA is called America.

Your missing the point.   Why would only part of a country (Canada) be allowed to transfer a DL?

kennethgford wrote:

Your missing the point.   Why would only part of a country (Canada) be allowed to transfer a DL?

No I'm not missing the point at all, I addressed it in my response.  Each province/territory has it's own drivers licenses and requirement, and only Quebec has entered into an agreement with NL.  Conversely, only Quebec will allow for the exchange of an NL license.  It seems fair to me.  Moaning about it on an internet forum will solve nothing.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but Canada is NOT America.  It is located in North America, and the United States is referred to as America, but in all my life I've never heard of anyone, especially a Canadian native refer to their country as anything but Canada.  I think most would resent the notion.

kennethgford wrote:

Perhaps there is something unique about the Quebec test, that is not in the rest, that makes it compatible with EU licensing.  I recall that we were unable to conduct driving tests/issue pass certificates in Belize because they had no roundabouts in the national road network - a requirement for an EU driving test.