Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Housing in north rhine-westphalia

My name is Janaan Farhat. I am an international student studying in the North Rhine-Westphalia region. I am a female, 19 years old, and I am looking for accommodation and hoping to move in about mid-September, maximum, for the winter semester and stay until January.
I exclusively prefer female roommates who prefer to live a quiet life.
I am also very clean and accommodating and like to mind my own business, no questions asked. I like to live a quiet life and am devoted to my studies and am very excited to come to Germany and enjoy its amazing weather and beautiful
scenery...

Janaan Farhat :

My name is Janaan Farhat. I am an international student studying in the North Rhine-Westphalia region. I am a female, 19 years old, and I am looking for accommodation and hoping to move in about mid-September, maximum, for the winter semester and stay until January.
I exclusively prefer female roommates who prefer to live a quiet life.
I am also very clean and accommodating and like to mind my own business, no questions asked. I like to live a quiet life and am devoted to my studies and am very excited to come to Germany and enjoy its amazing weather and beautiful
scenery...

Please search or post an ad in the HOUSING --> Flat Sharing section. Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Some general comments in addition to what Romaniac wrote above:
- Northrhine-Westphalia is a big province. It is impossible to commute from everywhere to everywhere within it. Thus you should concentrate your search on the town where your work/school/family/etc. is located.
- Finding something on such short notice (two weeks!) is very difficult to impossible - and you should only agree to rent places you have visited and liked! Therefore it is probably advisable to look for temporary accommodation (hotel, hostel or serviced apartment) for the initial period (one or two months), during which you conduct your search for a more permanent place. Temporary places are easier to find, but of course cost more.
- German landlords usually look for long-term tenants. Thus it might be wise to not tell them that you are here for only a few months. You can always tender the termination (usually with a three months notice period) and move out.
- Almost all rental places in Germany are unfurnished (and the few furnished ones cost a lot more). Are you prepared to spend money (and time) on furnishings - and is it worth it for such a short period? Alternatively, you can always continue staying in the temporary accommodation - some of them have slightly less expensive long-term rates.
- Good luck! (You'll need that, too!)

Expatriate health insurance in Düsseldorf

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Düsseldorf

Moving to Düsseldorf

Find tips from professionals about moving to Düsseldorf

Travel insurance in Düsseldorf

Enjoy stress-free travel to Düsseldorf

Flights to Düsseldorf

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Düsseldorf