Any advice on finding a nanny?

We are looking for an English-speaking full-time, live-out nanny. Any advice is appreciated!

Hi KatieReck,

You should try to have a look at the jobs in Malaysia section and post your advert there. Here is the link : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/mala … tting.html

Hi Katie,

I was searching on Google and found your post just now. I have lived in Kuala Lumpur for a year with my boyfriend and I am now currently back home in England whilst he is still working in Malaysia.

My name is Laura, I'm 23 and I have been a Teaching Assistant at a Nursery in England for three years now.

I'm considering moving back to KL to live with my boyfriend and I am looking at available Nanny jobs in KL.

Please message me if you want to talk further regarding everything :)

Laura

Hi good morning are you still looking for a nanny? I have a friend looking for a job please message me by this number *** thank you..

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Usually if you put a notice on your condo notice board you will get no end of phone calls of domestic helpers willing to do the job. The asking salaries are usually really high in the beginning, but after a while they tend to drop and you might get lucky.

I always think getting a personal referral from a friend or someone who lives nearby or even the relative of a domestic helper who is working near to where you live is better than advertising blind. Getting a genuine reference from a previous employer (that means speaking to them on the phone) is important too.

Thank you much!

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the job section. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct