Travel in Non-Shengen countries

Hi!

I have a permesso di soggiorno per lavoro and I have a trip to Bulgaria next week. I'd like to know if i am allowed to travel with just the permesso di soggiorno and my Philippine passport or if i will need a visa. I would rather cancel my trip then get stuck there or, worse, sent back to the Philippines because I did not have the right travel documents.

A quick reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe you would require a C short stay visa.  I would highly suggest contacting the Embassy of Bulgaria in Rome for an official answer.  Let us know how it works out either way, I'm sure it would be useful for others to know also! Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks!

i will give them a call tomorrow morning and post their answer.

http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html

I found this in the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry page. From how i understand it, it seems that I could. I did write them an email and plan on calling as well.

I spoke with the Bulgarian Embassy in Rome. It is possible to travel for tourism purposes with a valid permesso di soggiorno and passport.

BetMy wrote:

I spoke with the Bulgarian Embassy in Rome. It is possible to travel for tourism purposes with a valid permesso di soggiorno and passport.

I'll stand corrected then, thanks for the update.:)