Visa extension

Hi all just wondering if someone out there can explain visa extensions? i thought i knew what i was doing and approached immigration in Bohol thinking that i would get more that 28 days extension with a week to go on my first visa since arriving from Aus only to be told that in bohol they only offer 1 month extensions ? if i want extra days i was informed that i would need to go to Cebu ??? any thoughts ??
Regards Bernie

Hi Bernie, In Bohol did you go to dept of Immigration ?

Hi Tony yes i did ?

Do you have an ACR card

Hi Bernie , initially you are admitted for 30 days - THEN your initial EXTENSION is limited to 29 days only.

hope this helps

Hi Bernie, Before I left Aus I got a 59 days visa thru Philippine Consulate
I then had to renew my visa for a further 3 months as I was going back to Aus on business. When I returned after 3 weeks I got another 59 visa , when that ran out I applied for a 6 month extension and now I going for my second 6 month extension next week, hope this helps, I have had  no trouble getting extensions

Ok thanks Tony that expains a lot except do i need to travel to Cebu to get this ? why cant i apply for this in Bohol ??

Thanks Pete but still wonder why i have to travel to Cebu ?

No apparently thats next visa extension ??

Bernie as it's your first renewal you will only get 1 month extension but pay for 2 months.
This is because you have to pay from the first arrival date as you waiver you free month if you stay.This is the process i'm afraid in all immigration offices so no point going any where else. Then when you go the next time you can get 2 months or if you are staying longer 6 months extension.

VISA WAIVER

Who can apply?

Non-visa required tourists admitted initially for thirty (30) days and is requesting for an initial extension of twenty-nine (29) days

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

Other Immigration Offices (Click here to see the list of offices authorized to process this transaction)

If you go to the link below and then click on "Click here to see the list of offices authorized to process this transaction"

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requ … isa-waiver

Tagbilaran Immigration Field Office Bohol
 ACR I-Card Issuance, Reissuance and Renewal
 Alien Registration Program (ARP)
 Annual Report
 Boarding Formalities
 Extension of Authorized Stay of Temporary Visitors
 Special Student Permit (SSP)
 Special Work Permit (SWP)

I would go back to the office and get a second opinion - on the immigration website they process "Extension of Authorized Stay of Temporary Visitors ". in Bohol.

Hey Bernie.....It can be very frustrating  dealing with people in the phils. It will test your patience to the limit!! Always helps if you have a tagalog speaker you trust, with you. And always get a second opinion.

Ok yhanks for your advice much appreciated

Regards Bernie

Thanks for your hard work on this Pete looks like i should be able to extend it here
Bernie

Not a problem Bernie. It can be very frustrating  dealing with people in the phils. It will test your patience to the limit!! Always helps if you have a tagalog speaker you trust, with you. And always get a second opinion.